Have you ever found something really badly designed? Something which obscurity of its functions makes it hard to understand its use? Something almost unusable to a point it would drive you mad using it too often? Perhaps, a fool's design? Then you have come to the right place. Post your findings here and help making the world a saner place.
Fool's design
3%

2013-02-20 17:33 »

Fool's design.

Mystical blur in Windows Server 2012.

With unevenness of scrollbar thumb lines, complementary of the house in Redmond.
mysticalblur.png
mysticalblur.png (9.86 KiB) Viewed 3356 times

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-02-24 13:28 »

Thanks for pointing it out. I haven't even installed 2k12 and doubt I ever will.

This is such an incredible disaster. Such an offensive attack on the eyes and all the senses. It would be like using Windows 1.0x to manage our networks and websites, I have no way to describe it except that I am stuck in a perpetual nightmare where the worst GUI ideas of the past were all in use once and I just can't wake up.

What I want to do is gouge my eyes out with a dull knife but I won't give them that satisfaction.

Fool's design
3%

2013-02-24 14:27 »

We have installed 2k12 just for the ReFS file system. We feel it is a lot faster. We use 2k12 on our main machine and we got several Hyper-V virtual machines inside it and we also game on it outside the Hyper-V virtual machines. One thing we noticed was that a game ARMA 2 takes 12 seconds to load instead of roughly 40 seconds on my former win2k8r2 install, same machine. We find it rather odd.

There are a ton of foolish things in 2k12 though, we won't be running out of content in this website for a looong time. haha