Have you ever found something really badly designed? Something which obscurity of its functions makes it hard to understand its use? Something almost unusable to a point it would drive you mad using it too often? Perhaps, a fool's design? Then you have come to the right place. Post your findings here and help making the world a saner place.
Fool's design
3%

2013-02-20 17:50 »

Fool's design.

Useless network icon of Windows 8.

If you click on the network icon:
networkicon01.png
networkicon01.png (20.23 KiB) Viewed 3195 times
A useless sidebar pops out with only one item inside it. If you click on that item, nothing happens.

It is a pretty sidebar, however.
networkicon02.png
networkicon02.png (952.45 KiB) Viewed 3195 times

MetroTard

2013-02-20 22:53 »

Hahaha, another great one. It actually works if it's a wifi one (it shows a disconnect button after you click it). Is metro even capable of showing "disabled" buttons? I dunno. Still no reason for them to make it clickable if it does nothing.

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-02-24 13:13 »

Speaking for myself, I reject these little 1-color retard icons.

The system tray was just getting perfected around the Vista era and then they decided to dumb it down with plain icons in Windows 7.

And now they take the whole UI and make it look like that. And then they programm those systray icons to launch a big blank sidebar of empty nothingness.

There are no words to describe this retro-stupidity. They are simply ripping off consumer electronic firmware ...

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/161767-user-interface-devolution-thanks-to-windows-8-and-metro/