Have you ever found something really badly designed? Something which obscurity of its functions makes it hard to understand its use? Something almost unusable to a point it would drive you mad using it too often? Perhaps, a fool's design? Then you have come to the right place. Post your findings here and help making the world a saner place.
Fool's design
3%

2013-02-21 08:02 »

Fool's design.

Almost unusable music player from radioIO.

The actual music player controls are barely 5-10% of the overal user interface elements, they are so small you can barely hit them with the mouse.

If you try to change the volume, the knob is so tiny it actually slips from under the mouse and you lose it! You will have to recapture it and start redragging the knob again.

Oh and for the icing on the cake, it will not remember your volume each time you switch a channel. It starts on max even though the knob stays in the middle.
radioiosmall.png
radioiosmall.png (43.65 KiB) Viewed 5824 times

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-02-24 12:39 »

Whoa. Starts on Max? Hmmm, what could possibly go wrong with that!

Thing is, their interface ( at first glance, never seen it before ) is more sensible than the MicroMetroTard GUI.

What a messed up world.

!
30%

2013-12-02 13:14 »

RadioIO have now removed the Desktop player completely! So I email the bastards asking what the fuck is going on?
...no reply but hey, they emailed me some spam! :evil:

radioio fools.png
radioio fools.png (258.93 KiB) Viewed 9192 times

jiji

2013-12-03 13:06 »

Haha
That was pretty funny. Almost like they were telling you move along little buddy...we got no actual interest in our listeners.
;p

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-12-04 01:37 »

There is another fucking insane GUI out there for a PoS media player called Soundcloud ...
Soundcloud.jpg
Soundcloud.jpg (27.64 KiB) Viewed 9183 times

That is a screencap of its appearance in this page here ...

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/musi ... inds-blow/

As an embedded gadget it seems to be used for audio tracks only. Notice they use a waveform as its selling point, as an "Oh wow" feature we just had to have, but leaving out any possibility of a friggin volume control. Most of the time it is preset to blasting levels meaning that you now have to quickly grab the speaker volume control ( if it has one ) or worse, find the stupid hidden Windows icon. Arrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh!
Smiley_Anger_Throwing_Mdl.gif
Smiley_Anger_Throwing_Mdl.gif (8.59 KiB) Viewed 9183 times

Google shows a lot of hits from people asking for it, and though I can't find the exact page now, there was a thread where one of the asshole developers explained how good this bug, I mean feature was. Just like Microsoft dickheads.

They also have a webpage version which preceded the widget I guess, and it also is a clusterfuck. One page at Reddit is called "After all this time, I've finally found the volume control on Soundcloud!" ...

http://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresti ... he_volume/

... and supplies this image as a helpful guide ...

aXy8V.png
aXy8V.png (382.3 KiB) Viewed 9178 times

Kill all these bastard child "programmers" with fire! An audio player without a volume control!
People_Face-Palm_Collection.gif
People_Face-Palm_Collection.gif (740.21 KiB) Viewed 9183 times

!
30%

2013-12-04 11:18 »

HAHAHA... it reminds of those fancy restaurants where you would love everything but the food! :lol:

delifrance_2.jpg
delifrance_2.jpg (18.29 KiB) Viewed 9177 times

Kittypie070
0%

2014-01-10 08:45 »

jesus fuck is that FOOD or a...victim of a traffic accident?

ooohhhh gods *hurl*