Have you ever found something really badly designed? Something which obscurity of its functions makes it hard to understand its use? Something almost unusable to a point it would drive you mad using it too often? Perhaps, a fool's design? Then you have come to the right place. Post your findings here and help making the world a saner place.
Fool's design
3%

2013-02-24 14:44 »

Fool's design.

Try telling which window is active. That's right, you can't!
win8basicwhite.png
win8basicwhite.png (32.63 KiB) Viewed 2933 times

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-03-13 11:04 »

Isn't that amazing?

One of the more useful inventions that came with Win95 was the taskbar, with its unambiguous visual feedback as to what programs were running, and, what program has focus. Yes, they should have given it drag/drop onto a taskbar button ability, but at least hovering worked okay.

I'm not a big fan of the later taskbar pinning because of the ambiguity it introduced with running programs being confused with launchable icons, but still, even that is better than this which takes it to impossible to comprehend levels. Never liked the grouping either, but that's just me I guess.

Microsoft is becoming expert in Destroying Windows and un-inventing all previous inventions.

For the love of God, keep these MicroFools away from any mission critical projects. Microsoft should never be allowed near Space Stations, Shuttles, Rockets. Super-Colliders. Hospitals, The Defense Industry or even Schools. They should be relegated to the Special Ed section of education and the K thru 6 aisle in Toys'R'Us.