Installation, updates, general problem solving and assistance.
Steven W
VIP

2023-11-04 05:46 »

Oops, I noticed that I put "double-click for context menu" in the image 'backlight-video_line.png'. Obviously, that should be 'right-click for context menu'. :oops:

Steven W
VIP

2023-11-11 07:59 »

Apparently Google's decided to make getting the latest image easier:

https://dl.google.com/chromeos-flex/ima ... st.bin.zip

Steven W
VIP

2024-01-10 02:19 »

I'm aware that I can now run Linux apps in this thing. I guess in the non-Flex, a.k.a real ChromeOS, you can also run Android apps. Regarding the Linux applications, I'm not so in love with the ChromeOS Flex's UI that I think that it's an oh-so-wonderful replacement for insert-Linux-Desktop-Environment here. In other words, I'd rather run a Linux Distro at that point. In fact, I do most of the time. Looked at from a few other angles...It's something else to go wrong, it's another layer that gives rise to potential security issues. Blah, blah, blah. If I'm gonna use this damn thing, I'd prefer to stick with what it comes with and what I can do in-browser.

While I'm likely in a minority regarding my thoughts/way of using ChromeOS Flex, I hope Google's Devs think along these lines too. I believe thinking that way would make the OS better all around for all users.