Installation, updates, general problem solving and assistance.
EMPTORXC
0%

2014-06-13 18:46 »

(Oh yeah, his limewebs site has been around since 2010 at least also; )
REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Hyperlink. DUTCH LAW DOES NOT ALLOW HYPERLINKING TO WAREZ MATERIAL.

!
30%

2014-06-13 19:01 »

No no, don't get me wrong. I don't say he has bad reputation or is shady...
I say that to a new person, it LOOKS shady. hehe... :mrgreen: :grin:

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2014-06-14 03:45 »

Steven W wrote:I don't suppose there's a way to use emm386 to exclude that range is there?

Would this help? http://www.japheth.de/Jemm.html

Jimmyjam

2014-06-16 01:56 »

Pardon the wait. I found a copy of the SPLIT8MB tool on a Russian forum a few days ago (it turns out that machine translation of Russian to English is actually fairly accurate) but hadn't had time to mess around with the machine until the weekend.

What the tool does is a bit overkill for my situation, but it certainly works. In conjunction with the patch made using RFMaster's patcher, Win98 can boot with 3GB of memory and without disabling the network adapter.

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:Would this help? http://www.japheth.de/Jemm.html

Win98 won't play nice with Jemm or Jemmex in my situation, crashing with a stack dump that specifically implicates Jemm during boot.

AFAIK Jemm has the same restrictions as EMM386 for address exclusion and can't reach high enough in memory anyway.

Jimmyjam

2014-06-16 03:01 »

I, user. wrote:As far as I can see in the license, there is no wording about prohibiting the redistribution of this demo software.

It doesn't work quite that way. Distribution is prohibited by default per copyright law. He has to grant distribution rights, not deny them.

Unless you're not in a Berne Convention country, in which case international copyright laws don't apply to you.

!
30%

2014-06-16 12:00 »

@I user.,

I just got permission from Rudolph himself for hosting the demo and here below is his email. I also specifically asked him again to see if SPLIT8MB and old demo versions are also OK to host or not.

Hopefully, we will see what he answers soon and that we get an OK from him. Otherwise, I'll have to delete those attached files to your posts. Again, not that I want to but because I have to. :???:

Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2014 00:57
To: Fool's design
Subject: RE: .hosting patchm.zip?.

Dear Sir or Madam,

You are welcome to host the latest Demo Version of my Window 95/98/98E/ME RAM Limitation Patch (PATCHM.ZIP) in unmodified form.

SPLIT8MB is a component of PATCHM to handle relatively rare memory problems and was never intended as a separate product.
I never released a public SPLIT8MB.ZIP File so it is not available for hosting.

Most of my Demos are available for hosting. Feel free to ask.

Sincerely,

Rudolph R. Loew
rloew "-AT-" hotmail.com

!
30%

2014-06-16 22:30 »

@I user,

I'm sorry but he didn't allow us to post the demo nor the SPLIT8M files.
Pretty sad but well... I did try. :neutral: :silent:
(I have to delete those attached files from your post. Not that I want to, but because I have to.)

Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 18:42
To: Fool's design
Subject: RE: 2RE: .hosting patchm.zip?.

The old versions after 4.0 have nothing to offer except bugs, so there is no reason to test them.
The purpose of a Demo is to allow someone to try the Product before purchasing. No one is going to purchase an old version.

SPLIT8MB was never released as a Demo, only as an addon to PATCHMEM and PATCHM. I did not create a ZIP Version so any such posts are not authorized.

Sorry,

Sincerely,

Rudolph R. Loew
rloew "-AT-" hotmail.com

I, user.

2014-06-16 22:58 »

It is what it is. :sad:

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2014-06-17 00:09 »

In my opinion, we need stop focusing on Paid, Shareware, Demo etc... We either do our own thing or we going to end up in a circle. They don't like us over here. Some of you guys trying to sugar coat shit. Its not going to happen. Some people just don't comprehend. rloew is MSFN and will always be. I sure others have put a bug in his ear. Look, Listen and Learn and quit being naive. Damn :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

rloew

2014-06-17 01:30 »

RFMaster wrote:This is to replace german version of vmm.vxd file...
yes it can boot with over 1GB. but only if you have vmm32.vxd from german patch in your system folder

second file from german patch -> vmm32.vxd is complicated and requires more work to make patch for...

Non Hic wrote: isn't considered warez, right?

No. It is not warez, it doesn't contain any MS$ files in it.

It is still Warez since it contains my Code.

Lamp2222 hacked some of my older Demos as well as other peoples products.
He removed my Signature so you won't find it.

Freora.de is clearly a warez site as they have refused to take down these products.