Installation, updates, general problem solving and assistance.
RFMaster

2014-06-01 16:09 »

Some news here. :grin:

I've created a new patcher and as i promised this new pather doing things automatically.
You just need to press the button. :lol:

REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Hyperlink. THE AUTHOR ISSUED A REMOVE ORDER.

But before you start using it read these instructions

1. Install Windows 98 SE!
2. Install ServicePack 3(by PROBLEMCHYLD)! -> http://www.foolsdesign.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65
3. If you have already done this at 1. and 2. than you can skip this steps.
4. Start the patcher and Press the button "Patch it!"
5. Restart your computer...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey mod, don't upload it here cuz this is not final version. I'll upload it here when i create final version...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4gbenabler.gif
4gbenabler.gif (891.96 KiB) Viewed 4469 times

Steven W
VIP

2014-06-01 18:31 »

Thank you so much! :thumbup:

techtalk.cc
100%

2014-06-01 18:41 »

RFMaster wrote:...Hey mod, don't upload it here cuz this is not final version. I'll upload it here when i create final version...

Got it! ...and excellent. Thank you very much.

techtalk.cc
100%

2014-06-01 18:45 »

@RFMaster,

Please let us know if you need an official forum thread, just like the one PROBLEMCHYLD has. :smile:

RFMaster

2014-06-01 22:18 »

^
Thank you. :thumbup: Maybe in the future, this still requires a lot of work, i'm not ready yet to write some official words.

I, user.

2014-06-02 11:17 »

See, here I am worrying again. What if your site dies? Where do we get that patch from? We have no backup of it! :think: Once again, we have to keep looking and asking around from people which frankly, just sucks! I'm going to attach it in this very post. If the admins want to delete it, then so be it!

I know you said it's only a beta version but even a beta version is better than having no version at all and I personally would hate to see all of your hard work to just vanish one day.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all of your hard work and can't wait for your final version of it. :oops: :oops: :oops:

REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Hyperlink. THE AUTHOR ISSUED A REMOVE ORDER.

techtalk.cc
100%

2014-06-02 11:23 »

I, user. wrote:...If the admins want to delete it, then so be it!...

It isn't about what we "want".

We will not delete your attached file for now but bear in mind that RFMaster has the copyright on this thing. If he says delete it, we HAVE to delete it. We do not have any legal choice if the copyright owner forces us to remove a file. We HAVE to follow the law.

:!: Hopefully, he is OK with you having the patch attached in here but if he comes back and says "Delete the file" then we have to delete it. Again, not that we would want to but because we would HAVE to delete it.

RFMaster

2014-06-02 15:40 »

^I, user
You worrying too much. Relax :smile:

You can keep it...

I, user.

2014-06-02 19:04 »

Thank you very much!!! Now I can sleep good tonight!!! :wave: :thumbup: :grin:

98 Guy

2014-06-03 02:40 »

Ok guys, I've been following this thread a little, off and on, and am glad we've got something solid as far as getting a big increase in memory support for Win-98.

I've still got the original German files on this system, and the only time I've seen anything printed in German was during a blue-screen error. And I'll tell ya - if that's the only place that I'd ever see any German-language text showing up, then I honestly don't see much benefit in getting the english-language vxd files working.

One question about the criteria for the patch by RFmaster: The requirement for ServicePack 3. What specific component or file (or files) is necessary so that only that file (or those files) can be transplanted into a system before the patch is run?

One more thing: I've got a win-98se installation image that I worked on a few years ago that would install win-98 on some Asrock DUAL-VSTA motherboards, complete with Nvidia 6200 and Creative sound card driver support installed automatically (as well as automatic entering of product key). I think this is what they call unattended install CD. What would I have to do to roll in or transplant these modded files (either the german ones or the RFmaster patch ones) so that I'd have a win-98se install cd with automatic 4-gb ram support?

-------

PS: has any of these efforts here in this thread, the accomplishments, etc, been recognized or mentioned over at msfn? Because I don't see it, and it's a big hole in their knowledge base over there in terms of the win-98 community know nothing about this. Not that I particularly care, but I just wonder how this is going to play out. The politics will be somewhat entertaining.