Installation, updates, general problem solving and assistance.
PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2014-03-22 10:34 »

You need to read all of the help file and then close it. The rest is self-explanatory ::thumbup::

Nisekoi

2014-03-23 06:46 »

Are here a tutorial or a guide to adapt your latest service pack to other language different from english?
I need build a version compatible with win98se spanish for a few old machines that will be used by a charity children assoc. (those machines will be used by orphan little childs that don't know anything from english). I've found many information regarding your great work, but some of it is outdated, or uses patched files like shell32 and i don't know if can be replaced by nonpatched versions, or what needs to be patched. I also need know from where all the files in your pack where taken, and if custom infs need to get adapted to release language.

If i accomplish the task and get a working SP pack, i'll upload it so you can put it in your site and everyone in the spanish community can use it. But i really need help about what needs to be changed. Many thanks in advance.

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2014-03-23 10:50 »

If you speak good English, there is a very big chance we can move forward with this. Translation sucks when it comes to google ::crazy:: You need to be able to understand my instructions, vice versa ::thumbup::

Nisekoi

2014-03-23 20:15 »

I can understand you almost perfectly. My english skills to make sentences aren't so good, but has been enough to talk in IRC channels.
Tell me if is enough to accomplish the task.

Greetings.

Fool's design
3%

2014-03-31 18:41 »

@PROBLEMCHYLD,

Please update the URL in your Web site to this new one: http://www.TechTalk.cc/viewtopic.php?t=65.

A more fitting domain name for you, we hope. ::thumbup:: :)

(The old URL will keep working but it is important that you change it to the new one on your Web site.)

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2014-04-01 14:42 »

Links updated ::thumbup:: ;)

Fool's design
3%

2014-04-01 15:53 »

Excellent, thank you very much. :D

!
30%

2014-04-06 23:57 »

By the way, who has access to the "Author: PROBLEMCHYLD" link in here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... _pack.html? Was it you Steven W. who had access there? That URL must change to this new one: viewtopic.php?t=65.

Ps. I know it's not fun changing URLs but hopefully, this one is a more permanent URL because TechTalk.cc is a better fit to use. :oops:

Thanks!

Guest 52

2014-04-08 23:04 »

Hello, and thanks for being here!

Am resurrecting an ol' laptop and am delighted to have found sp3.3.33.... Did a wipe of the drive, clean win98 SE install, then sp3. Took the time to read the directions & options. Very nicely done SP, kudos!

With the usbstack installed (per the instructions) and the ntfs syninternals/winternals option installed, I'd hoped that it would enable reading usb drives formatted ntfs. In particular, and external Toshiba hard drive. This doesn't appear to be the case. The external drive or flash is seen, recognized, but not made accessible through explorer. The driver loads, but it's not given a drive letter.... I'm assuming that ntfs access pertains to other partitions or internal drives and not usb. My first question: Is this a correct assumption or should it be able to view an ntfs drive on the usb port?

My second question pertains to the performance tweak options offered in the SP. Do these effect the hardware, or are they software tweaks? My concern is that this is old gear, and tweaking voltages or otherwise taxing old memory/cpu could adversely effect what life it has left.

Thanks for any assistance you're able to provide

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2014-04-09 10:37 »

Guest 52 wrote:Hello, and thanks for being here!

Am resurrecting an ol' laptop and am delighted to have found sp3.3.33.... Did a wipe of the drive, clean win98 SE install, then sp3. Took the time to read the directions & options. Very nicely done SP, kudos!

With the usbstack installed (per the instructions) and the ntfs syninternals/winternals option installed, I'd hoped that it would enable reading usb drives formatted ntfs. In particular, and external Toshiba hard drive. This doesn't appear to be the case. The external drive or flash is seen, recognized, but not made accessible through explorer. The driver loads, but it's not given a drive letter.... I'm assuming that ntfs access pertains to other partitions or internal drives and not usb. My first question: Is this a correct assumption or should it be able to view an ntfs drive on the usb port?

Yes you are correct. The Win/Sysinternals does NOT recognized NTFS USB drives, they must be internal.
Guest 52 wrote:

My second question pertains to the performance tweak options offered in the SP. Do these effect the hardware, or are they software tweaks? My concern is that this is old gear, and tweaking voltages or otherwise taxing old memory/cpu could adversely effect what life it has left.

Thanks for any assistance you're able to provide

The tweaks are aimed towards hardware, but can be adjusted depending on your hardware.