Installation, updates, general problem solving and assistance.
!
30%

2013-03-24 00:06 »

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:... I'm pretty much done with MSFN. You have any problems, report them here. They will be ignored over there. Good day!

I hear ya. The bad taste is still in my mouth from MSFN. *lol* Although, I wonder if you perhaps should leave a note over there that your official forum has changed. Could be a bit risky though, they might go heavy on the ban hammer.
:P

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2013-03-24 18:44 »

Yeah, I not really sure how that would turn out. A couple people wouldn't like that at all. Just to post the link and have it deleted is a waste of time. The word is being passed around definitely though. I guess if a user has a problem, they have to report it here in order for me to fix it. Glad I registered here before the lastest release, I had to update my CHM file to link here. I'm always two steps ahead.

Fool's design
3%

2013-04-03 01:02 »

Due to our discussion earlier, this topic is now moved into the new "Software" section.
Please bear in mind that the old link to the topic will still work, even if it points to the old section.

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2013-04-04 21:13 »

You are welcome :P I would assume you haven't had any issues. If you do, then I assume you know where to post. Enjoy!

Drugwash

2013-04-15 17:32 »

Hey there!

I had to create an account and post a reply, just to be able to follow the topic. At least MSFN had a nice button up there to follow/unfollow a topic without having to post anything in it. If any admin reads this, could you please place such button somewhere visible? Thank you!

Now, back to our SP. PROBLEMCHYLD, referring to the registry keys you posted at MSFN, have you tried setting the value in second key to zero, see if works the same as if it were completely deleted?

To anybody that knows 16-bit libraries: any idea where I could find accurate documentation on the internal structures, especially the additional data field in the DLGITEMTEMPLATE struct? I'm triyng to build a good 16-bit CPL editor (for the Device Manager control panel and maybe not only) and this thing is hindering me a bit. Any such libraries that have additional data set, would be welcome. Thank you!

Fool's design
3%

2013-04-15 18:40 »

Drugwash wrote:...I had to create an account and post a reply, just to be able to follow the topic. At least MSFN had a nice button up there to follow/unfollow a topic without having to post anything in it. If any admin reads this, could you please place such button somewhere visible? Thank you!...

Dear "Drugwash",

You do NOT need an account to post in here. This website is almost fully open for non-registered visitors and they can reply to or create topics without registration. The upload function is only for registered members, however.

Regarding subscriptions to topics, please read "Member signatures, private messaging, topic subscriptions", the "...topic subscriptions." part.

We hope that you enjoy your stay here nonetheless. :)

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2013-04-15 22:10 »

Yes Drugwash, I tried other values and none of them worked. You have to removed that specific key to avoid the buggy icons. I believe those 2 functions are not present in the Windows 98 SYSDM.CPL. Glad to see you over here. I will release a new version this week.

Code: Select all

Added registry key HKLM,SystemCurrentControlSetServicesClassUSB,"SilentInstall",,"1"
Added registry key HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftUpdatesWMIQ289514,"Description",,"CIMWIN32.DLL"
Added registry key HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftUpdatesWMIQ260710,"Description",,"SMBDPMI.EXE"
Added registry key HKLM,SoftwareMicrosoftUpdatesWMIQ282949,"Description",,"WBEMPROX.DLL"
Fixed checksum on some unofficial files
IVIEWERS.DLL 2.1.0.59 is now registered
SYSDM.CPL 4.90.0.3002 WinME Hotfix
Tweaked package for better installation
Updated batch code for Main Updates
Updated U98SESP3.CHM

Drugwash

2013-04-16 01:34 »

Fool's design wrote:Regarding subscriptions to topics, please read "Member signatures, private messaging, topic subscriptions", the "...topic subscriptions." part.

I'm absent-minded. Took me - what? - a couple weeks, a month to remember PROBLEMCHYLD's notification about this board. After posting here, I was waiting for reply notifications. Obviously, they will never come and in a few days I'll probably forget about this board again. I'm on a GPRS connection with limited download quota, after which they throw me back to 14400 bps dark-age modem speed. Cannot afford reloading one or more board pages on a timer. And no, I got no RSS reader either, never needed one. This means you probably won't see much of me around anyway. But thank you for the warm welcome.

@ PROBLEMCHYLD: There's still a lot of work to do with the editor. Here's a preview:

NE Editor preview
NE Editor preview
NEeditor_preview.png (34.68 KiB) Viewed 20511 times

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2013-04-16 01:39 »

Thanks Drugwash :P It looks really nice. Can't wait to test it.