Installation, updates, general problem solving and assistance.
!
30%

2023-04-03 11:47 »

I really dislike phpBB, I am trying to update PHP but after updating PHP, phpBB gives me weird error 401 when trying to login to administrator panel. I have no computer, doing this on my tiny phone screen without a keyboard and mouse, it's driving me insane. I don't get any kind of detailed error message either!!! This is fucked up! :sick: :sick: :sick:

From 7.4.25 -> 7.4.33.

...and forget PHP 8.x, the entire phpBB shits itself and craps out completely!

...and I can't upgrade the phpBB either!

Stuck!

I actually don't know how to solve this because it's extremely difficult without a computer. phpBB always always given me problems on almost every upgrade and update for itself and PHP. Very very messy bad software.

Ironically, no other forum software is better! Which tells you a lot about the state of software in general.

No wonder everyone moved to these social media platforms. :sick: :sick: :sick: I mean, I got a life to live, maybe people are busy or sick, a simple update or upgrade shouldn't need a full fledged computer and a tech person sitting on it for two weeks and trying to figure out what the mystical error means and how to solve it! :sick: :evil: :silent:

It's not very secure to run old dated software either. I don't know what to do! :sad:

!
30%

2023-04-03 12:03 »

Solved it, temp folder didn't have write access. :???: