Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Fool's design
3%

2013-06-03 16:26 »

This is why Igor at Dedoimedo.com did not allow us to advertise with him. Apparently, to put up a small banner on their website, even though we use PayPal as the means of payment, he wanted a full name to "write a contract" because "Dedoimedo is a registered business":

Igor - Sunday, May 26, 2013 wrote:...let me draft a short legalese thing and we will finalize this.
I will need the full name of the site's owner or whoever handles the ad. material at your end.

Igor - Wednesday, May 29, 2013 wrote:The idea for a name is to write a contract, which reads something like:
Contact between Igor Ljubuncic of dedoimedo.com and XYZ of foolsdesign.org ... then time/frame/ad space/price/other stuff.
Not here to steal your soul, on the contrary.

I do require this because Dedoimedo is a registered business and I must have an invoice for the customer.
I am fine with the domain owner if you wish to keep your own identity anonymous. I respect that.
But digital transitions are not anonymous by design :)

We told him:

Fool's design wrote:...The nature of our work is to annoy people and we wish to remain anonymous. We are journalists.
When you buy a pair of pants, do you draft legal agreements with your name on it?...

Long story short, we got rejected:

Igor - Monday, June 3, 2013 wrote:...I am interested in providing my clients ad space, this means doing this properly, including the legal side.
Your business contracts with other websites are not relevant to the topic at hand.

If you recall, you paused the process over the simple matter of personal identification.
But I respect your desire to remain anonymous, which is not suitable for advertising on dedoimedo.

Anyhow, given the way this thread is going, it would be most prudent if we stopped now.

Thank you guys, no bad feelings,...

Our response:

Fool's design wrote:Not a problem. Just to be clear, we will publish this entire matter (perhaps even the full email conversation) on foolsdesign.org to let our users know that we got rejected to advertisement on your website.

We will remove your email to prevent you from getting spam, however.

/regards

We have no bad feelings toward you Mr. Igor. None at all.

!
30%

2013-06-03 16:28 »

Personally, I find his decision definitely on the weird side but yeah, to each his own. (Suum cuique pulchrum est) :roll:

!
30%

2013-06-03 16:52 »

Although, it is a little ironic that well, see the first picture below from the whois database but at the same time well, see the second picture below.

I wish next time he were to buy a pair of pants or perhaps buying a meal, they would tell him that they need his full name to "draft a short legalese thing" to finalize purchase.
:lol:

dedoimedo.PNG
dedoimedo.PNG (56.83 KiB) Viewed 4228 times

igor ljubuncic.PNG
igor ljubuncic.PNG (152.33 KiB) Viewed 4228 times