Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2014-08-07 04:06 »

I was speaking to a lovely woman at work today and she informed me about homes she was looking at in Florida that had been built with Chinese Drywall and the issues that were arising from using said drywall. I had never heard about the issue and had to do some looking around. I found this on Youtube:

There are other videos and I found a recent news story regarding the issue:

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2014-07- ... oyed-homes

The bit of the video that interested me was how little power the Consumer Products Safety Commission had when dealing with imported products. It's truly frightening.

Several years ago I purchased a set of large plastic spoons and a ladle at Walmart. I cooked some soup and used the ladle to put some of it in a bowl. I took a sip from the ladle and thought it tasted like plastic, I dismissed it as my imagination. On a later date, I was cooking again and used one of the spoons to get some chili out of my pot. I tasted plastic again. This time I knew that it was not my imagination. I threw the spoons, the ladle and my chili in the trash.

The American tax payer takes it up the ass again! Yee-haw!

!
30%

2014-08-07 06:09 »

Scary stuff. People put their entire lives into buying a home. I would be so angry if this shit happened to my house.

EMPTORXC
0%

2014-08-11 14:43 »

Key phrase from the video - "concentrations of hydrogen sulphide".
At a low emitted level to be sure, but persistent, prolonged exposure apparently
causing health problems.