Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2013-09-10 22:43 »

I know some of you will enjoy reading this:

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/50 ... 8-succeed/

Some of what she says is absolutely laughable:

...If you get a laptop with a touch screen, your brain clicks in and you just start touching what makes it faster for you. You'll use the mouse and keyboard, but even on the regular desktop you'll find yourself reaching up doing the things that are faster than moving the mouse and moving the mouse around. It's not like using the mouse, which is more like puppeteering than direct manipulation.

Perhaps I should stick my tongue somewhere on the motherboard and see if I can manipulate the electrons flowing to different components. More "direct manipulation" is better, right?

Maybe then I'll be "charged" too :lol:

!
30%

2013-09-11 11:36 »

Fuck, they are completely insane! It is so clear now! Using data from the "customer experience" is really REALLY REALLY moronic. For example, I almost NEVER used the Start menu, if someone would use that data they would think that I don't need it and if they remove it, I won't care. SO... FUCKING... WRONG! I used to use the Start menu maybe 1-2 times a month... BUT!!! ...that 1-2 times a month which I used it, I ABSOLUTELY LIKED, WANTED AND NEEDED IT!!! These fools cannot understand that concept at all.

For example, I don't use my drill power tool more than maybe once a year... but that once a year which I use it, I ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE IT! These motherfuckers come to my home and remove my drill based on "You don't use your drill that often so you don't need it. We will give you a wooden stick instead." WTF! ::crazy::

So far we're seeing very encouraging things. Over 90 percent of customers, from our data, use the Charms and find the Start screen all in the first session. Even if you're a desktop user, over time there's a cutover point around six weeks where you start using the new things more than the things you're familiar with.

It takes time for individuals to adjust, but it also takes time for the industry to adjust to new things...

Some people who review it for a shorter period of time may not feel how rich it really is. We're going for the over time impression rather than the first 20 minutes out of the box. We've found that the more invested you were in the old way, the more difficult the transition is, which is unfortunate because we first hear about everything in the tech press. Those are the ones that we knew up front are going to have the most challenge.

meh.ro10611.jpg
meh.ro10611.jpg (806.48 KiB) Viewed 3958 times

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-09-11 12:02 »

Non Hic wrote:For example, I don't use my drill power tool more than maybe once a year... but that once a year which I use it, I ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE IT! These motherfuckers come to my home and remove my drill based on "You don't use your drill that often so you don't need it. We will give you a wooden stick instead.

That's it in a nutshell right there! Telemetry explained in a way that even MetroTards should be able to understand.

BTW: what's the picture from? That's how the machines in a War Of The Worlds remake should be.

!
30%

2013-09-11 12:10 »

I don't remember where I got it from. :? I use to search for words in Google:Images and save interesting pictures for when I need to have an appropriate picture along with a post. They played War Of The Worlds in Amsterdam 1-2 years ago I think, I should have gotten those tickets. :cry: Jeff Wayne's version, of course. ::clap::

Ps. She IS hot, however.

julie.greenx299.jpg
julie.greenx299.jpg (70.62 KiB) Viewed 3956 times