Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2013-10-19 09:30 »

Just reading an article over at ZDnet:

http://www.zdnet.com/windows-8-1-is-her ... 000022068/

It just amazes me to hear such absolute horseshit such as buy such and such and you can have your start menu back and buy something else and you can have Aero back. Yeah, well, go pay for a prostitute and you can either get a good hummer or someone to praise your polished turd. Retarded motherfuckers.

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-10-19 15:15 »

That's Ed MicroBott. And yes, I would believe he is directly on their payroll.

He was the notorious shill that attacked everyone for slamming Vista. IMHO he was the hatchet man for Microsoft against Peter Gutmann who did amazing analysis ( from outside Microsoft ) of the new DRM and protected content paths and all the stuff that led to the Vista Sucks and Bad Vista movement.

Read up in the 2006-2007 timeframe. Dropping "Peter Gutmann Vista drm" into Google yields Gutmann's site at Uni as first link, and one of Bott's many attacks as the second.

They kept nitpicking Gutmann's whitepapers for having some little errors, but never considering that this analysis was done WITHOUT Microsoft's help, and really against their best efforts to shut him up.

Naturally the MicroBott is back at it with Windows 8, albeit a little less enthusiastically this time.

!
30%

2013-10-19 15:40 »

You know, speaking of paying people, I'm almost certain that 90% of the Neowin replies are manufactured by bots or paid off people. They pay people to post positive things about them. It's a known but kind'a "new" way to do "good" PR and con people. Just like all of those paid fake reviews on Amazon and other "famous blogs". They make it look like "it's some little guy somewhere" but they are all paid off.

I have not SEEN or HEARD a single person who is positive about Windows 8/8.1. I have yet to meet a single developer who is positive about Windows Store where they have to first ask permission and second give away 30% of the profits to Microsoft, all just for publishing their own application. I have yet to meet a person who likes a locked PC where you are NOT ALLOWED to load your own applications. Where doing so is now called with an Orwellian word "sideloading".

THEM BASTARDS! THEM MOTHERFUCKERS! THEY CAN ALL GO TO HELL!

I don't trust one single positive review about Windows 8/8.1 because other than a slight speed difference, this thing is a piece of junk in terms of usability. I use Windows 8 and 8.1 daily, I'm super geek so I'm talking about 10-12 hours a day in front of this thing. Every second I actually pay attention to the moronic ways of Windows 8/8.1, I feel insulted by those COMPLETE UTTER FOOLS AT MICROSOFT.

So yeah, I bet they are paid off. Just see the comments at Reddit on that AMA thing and you can quickly see that either they missed to pay Reddit off or that Reddit did not allow fake comments because 90% of the comments are negative and insulting toward Microsoft and the morons on the team who made this pile of steaming shit they call "Windows 8/8.1".

THEY CAN FUCK OFF! YES SIR, YES! MICROSOFT CAN FUCK OFF! :evil:

pile of shit.jpg
pile of shit.jpg (129.21 KiB) Viewed 6623 times

Steven W
VIP

2013-10-19 17:51 »

Speaking of paying for good reviews, I was in Wal-Mart store several years ago and some guy walks up to me and just starts blathering about how good is 3G phone is. He starts playing a video of some college football game and says something to the effect of "see how smooth the video is". I remember muttering a dismissive "uh-huh" and grabbing the items I was there to buy and getting away from him. It was creepy. When I told the story to my friend later as we were traveling home, he informed me of the practice. My mind started filling in the blanks, such as the football game to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Heh, check this out:

http://www.bluedoorconsulting.com/blog/ ... o-success/

She's apparently proud of the concept of whores paying whores.

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-10-19 18:52 »

Non Hic wrote:You know, speaking of paying people, I'm almost certain that 90% of the Neowin replies are manufactured by bots or paid off people. They pay people to post positive things about them. It's a known but kind'a "new" way to do "good" PR and con people. Just like all of those paid fake reviews on Amazon and other "famous blogs". They make it look like "it's some little guy somewhere" but they are all paid off.

I have not SEEN or HEARD a single person who is positive about Windows 8/8.1. I have yet to meet a single developer who is positive about Windows Store where they have to first ask permission and second give away 30% of the profits to Microsoft, all just for publishing their own application. I have yet to meet a person who likes a locked PC where you are NOT ALLOWED to load your own applications. Where doing so is now called with an Orwellian word "sideloading".

True dat. Same here.

In fact I have had people that normally never comment on computers, let alone operating systems, offering opinions on this steaming turd. It's quite amazing actually to hear these things from folks that never used to say anything.

The only sales they have gotten is from the NeoKids and Verge Tribe plus all the automatic orders in the captive OEM assembly line. But unlike the past, they are actually receiving returns, or the OEMs and retailers are, and this must be causing huge trickle up headaches for the book-keepers.

I really wish I could be there when the new CEO, especially if he is external, gets a look at the real books and sales numbers. To quote the blackjack dealer to Clark ... This should be sweet!

th.jpg
th.jpg (7.08 KiB) Viewed 6601 times

Steven W
VIP

2013-10-19 20:58 »

Some reading on the subject:

http://techrights.org/2008/12/27/micros ... e-secrets/

http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/to ... anagement/

I especially liked the link from the pcworld forums to xkcd 'the problem with averaging star ratings':

http://xkcd.com/937/

Here's proof from June of this year that the practice is alive and well at MS:

http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/06/micro ... -xbox-one/

Steven W
VIP

2013-10-19 21:25 »

Apparently child labor is considered cute in Portugal:

Perhaps it must have cutesy music too.

Fredledingue

2013-10-20 00:23 »

My only problem when I read articles about 8 or 8.1 is that I need to disable pictures: Everytime I see this horrible flat 2D, 8 bits color style I feel nausea.

Steven W
VIP

2013-10-20 02:28 »

!
30%

2013-10-24 17:05 »

LOL! MAYBE NOW THEY WILL BUY IT! ::crazy::

Microsoft builds massive 27x13-foot Surface 2 in London.

Microsoft brought along British rapper Dizzee Rascal to the event as well to help draw attention to its new tablets.

Allow me to puke. Speaking of Surface, there is one certain person I know, he is the most moronic, most backward and one of the most uneducated people I have ever known, he of course thinks he is "all that", guess what he owns... yes, a Surface. :lol: It is clear who they target this stuff to, kids and fools.

All you have to do is to look at that promotional picture... indeed, kids and fools:

screen_shot_2013-10-24_at_8.03.03_am.jpg
screen_shot_2013-10-24_at_8.03.03_am.jpg (63.62 KiB) Viewed 6597 times