Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
MasterOne

2015-04-30 19:50 »

Update: gpedit.msc didn't work either.

MasterOne

2015-04-30 22:24 »

Some comments from one of MS's forums, just to show how idiotic the forced automatic udpates are:

"That process is what I have been doing to solve this issue and it works well

However Windows update downloads the broken driver and until we can stop individual updates from installing or we get a fix for the driver it will be necessary to keep manually installing the old driver after updates occur."

"You hit the nail on the head! We can fix the problem manually but windows update keeps breaking it with each update. My machine is bricked now after reinstalling 10061 twice with updates. Not sure where to go from here."

"After rolling back the Synaptic driver to the 18 series, Windows Update bricked me again last night by installing the dreaded 19.0.3 driver.

Hold down the power button to shutdown completely.

Plug in a USB mouse.

Do not touch the touchpad during any part of the boot.

Uninstall the touchpad driver.

Reboot and the 19.0.3 driver re-installed.

Uninstall the driver again.

Use Control Panel to locate and uninstall the Synaptic application (which was 19.0.3)

Shutdown and restart.

Now there is no sign of Synaptic... the touchpad lists as a Mouse device.

Windows Update is a blasted menace when it installs bad drivers.

Need to check it after every update to see if the 19.0.3 Synaptic driver app is installed again."

!
30%

2015-04-30 23:22 »

Wow, just wow. :sick:

!
30%

2015-04-30 23:22 »

I guess for anything serious, I'll have to use Linux if Windows 10 RTM will suck this much. :sick: :think:

!
30%

2015-05-25 17:59 »

Imagine if the morons at Microsoft ever had heard of Ben Shneiderman...
...but no, because knowing science is too much to ask from them.
:sick:

Shneiderman's "Eight Golden Rules of Interface Design":

These rules were obtained from the text Designing the User Interface by Ben Shneiderman. Shneiderman proposed this collection of principles that are derived heuristically from experience and applicable in most interactive systems after being properly refined, extended, and interpreted. To improve the usability of an application it is important to have a well designed interface. Shneiderman's "Eight Golden Rules of Interface Design" are a guide to good interaction design.

1. Strive for consistency.
Consistent sequences of actions should be required in similar situations; identical terminology should be used in prompts, menus, and help screens; and consistent commands should be employed throughout.

2. Enable frequent users to use shortcuts.
As the frequency of use increases, so do the user's desires to reduce the number of interactions and to increase the pace of interaction. Abbreviations, function keys, hidden commands, and macro facilities are very helpful to an expert user.

3. Offer informative feedback.
For every operator action, there should be some system feedback. For frequent and minor actions, the response can be modest, while for infrequent and major actions, the response should be more substantial.

4. Design dialog to yield closure.
Sequences of actions should be organized into groups with a beginning, middle, and end. The informative feedback at the completion of a group of actions gives the operators the satisfaction of accomplishment, a sense of relief, the signal to drop contingency plans and options from their minds, and an indication that the way is clear to prepare for the next group of actions.

5. Offer simple error handling.
As much as possible, design the system so the user cannot make a serious error. If an error is made, the system should be able to detect the error and offer simple, comprehensible mechanisms for handling the error.

6. Permit easy reversal of actions.
This feature relieves anxiety, since the user knows that errors can be undone; it thus encourages exploration of unfamiliar options. The units of reversibility may be a single action, a data entry, or a complete group of actions.

7. Support internal locus of control.
Experienced operators strongly desire the sense that they are in charge of the system and that the system responds to their actions. Design the system to make users the initiators of actions rather than the responders.

8. Reduce short-term memory load.
The limitation of human information processing in short-term memory requires that displays be kept simple, multiple page displays be consolidated, window-motion frequency be reduced, and sufficient training time be allotted for codes, mnemonics, and sequences of actions.

From http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/almstrum ... rules.html

!
30%

2015-06-02 16:05 »

Heh... :sick: :sick: :sick:

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-home-users-may-not-be-able-to-opt-out-of-automatic-updates wrote:On July 29, users of Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium and those on the non Pro version of Windows 8.1 will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Home for free. The interesting language in the specifications page for this upgrade path is also the bit where it mentions updates.

Windows 10 Home users will have updates from Windows Update automatically available. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates.

Although the wording isn't crystal clear here, it seems to suggest that Windows 10 Home users will not have the ability to defer updates - as was previously possible in 8.1 and 7 - and will be updated automatically.

This suggests two things: that when updates become available, they will be downloaded and installed immediately, but not necessarily force a user to restart right away; and secondly, those on the Home edition will not be able to bypass a potentially troublesome update.

cap-0003.jpg
cap-0003.jpg (36.22 KiB) Viewed 6207 times

Currently in the Insider preview, updates are set to Automatic with an option to schedule a restart, there's no option to check manually for updates, or delay the downloading either, like in previous versions of Windows. This example could actually already mirror what will happen for the Home edition, while the Pro version will get the option to defer again with RTM.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindowsWindowsUpdate
In addition, the above key is also no longer present in the registry for the Insider preview (build 10130) which previously let you set certain conditions for update methods through the registry.

Scary_Door_Time_Enough.jpg
Scary_Door_Time_Enough.jpg (12.15 KiB) Viewed 6207 times

!
30%

2015-06-16 16:05 »

Look! https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/26 ... eloper-pre!

Almost 50000 votes and not even one reply from Microsoft to it! Even though they have replied to other feedback issues with much lower vote count! Those sons of bitches of crazy I tell you, crazy! I almost think they want to antagonize people on purpose. Truly, sickening. :sick:

They have caused people so much heartache and wasted so much of people's time over A MOTHERFUCKING OPTION! Damn them to hell! I hope they burn in hell for all eternity, whoever was in charge of removing Aero Glass and is refusing to bring it back, at least as an option. :evil:

aero glass 50K.PNG
aero glass 50K.PNG (70.56 KiB) Viewed 6180 times

Mr-T-fools.jpg
Mr-T-fools.jpg (22.23 KiB) Viewed 6180 times

!
30%

2015-08-03 08:29 »

I'm trying to find out which services can be turned off without Windows 10 breaking "too much". Will created a new thread with results in a few days. Took me 12 hours to test several combinations. I might also do a guide on how to use Windows 10 with all the privacy stealing shit turned to a minimum/off. What a fucking mess. :sick:

!
30%

2015-08-05 04:58 »

Several days now, many hundreds of reboots and a few reinstalls... I'm getting there soon I think. Found around 134 services that can be turned off relatively safe. Will post a new thread in a day or two. Still testing. Going to make some kind of automated batch file for this to "disable" and another to "restore".

Ps. Fuck you Microsoft! :sick:

fuck-you.jpg
fuck-you.jpg (15.43 KiB) Viewed 6129 times