Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
MasterOne

2014-09-30 21:24 »

It looks pretty fucking retarded to me. We're still using 16 color washed out tiles that flash annoying shit in the users face, and transparency effects are still gone. We're hearing it'll be interconnected with the cloud (big brother), and we all know that this functionality provides another attack surface. Multiple desktops happened on Linux back in the 90's. The new snap feature? Meh; probably more of an annoyance having it snap to the edges of the screen when it's unwanted. The current snap feature on Windows 7 and in KDE work just fucking fine, thank you. I want no changes. Suggestions from the operating system when a window is snapped is just about as snazzy as the "feature" that Vista had where you could cycle between all your open applications with Win+Tab. You'll notice at the end of the video, that annoying little dweeb says that what was shown in the video was only a glimpse of the new features, and there are a ton more yet to come. Yeah, and I was born yesterday.

Microsoft is trying to reinvent the wheel once again, and by calling it Windows 10 it shows how desperate they are from a marketing perspective. However, knowing how stupid people are, it's actually a good move. Maybe they should just call it Windows 15. I refuse to use this complete kludgy closed source pile of shit that communicates with Microsoft servers when it wants to, updates itself when it wants to, intrudes on the users privacy, practically insists for your email account and other personal info (a Microsoft account), and foists the feudalistic totalitarian Windows store on the user. I'm simultaneously disappointed and thrilled at what I'm seeing but not at all surprised. I'm thrilled because the Titanic is continuing to sink, as evidenced by Pippi Longstocking's presentation below.

Scorpius

2014-09-30 21:48 »

Bloody stupid, that's what they are. I am very disappointed so far. :thumbdown:

MasterOne

2014-09-30 23:10 »

Also, Microsoft is probably going to be experimenting with subscription-based models as far as the future of Windows is concerned, so don't be surprised if a version of Windows 10 is available by subscription, as is Office 365. It could be the beginning of a test by Microsoft to see what users will put up with.

!
30%

2014-10-01 01:34 »

"disappointed"? Oh my, Scorpius, you sir, are too kind! :mrgreen:

Microsoft's Asimov system to monitor users' machines in real time 247.

Microsoft will monitor users in the new Windows 9 Operating System in order to determine how the new OS is used, thus decide what tweaks and changes are need to be made. During Windows 8 testing, Microsoft said that they had data showing Start Menu usage had dropped, but it seems that the tools they were using at the time weren't as evolved...

It is basically Windows 8.x with a name change. They basically put BACK the Start menu and added a few childish coloured tiles to the right of it and called it a day. Not only am I not excited about Windows "10", I actually find myself not giving two fucks about Windows and Microsoft anymore. They are already eating my lunch at work with Dynamics AX which most likely will make me jobless.

They didn't even bring Aero Glass back? THE MOTHERFUCKERS DON'T EVEN GIVE ME THE OPTION!

Windows to me equals "FireFox" now, which means I'm 99% inside FireFox all the time when in front my PC. The other 1%, I do gaming in Steam. I barely "see" Windows anymore. I don't even open Explorer to see my files. I hate the look of it that much!

They could do SO MUCH, I mean, just look at the game GUI for Eve Online. Microsoft can't even come up with a cool looking futuristic user interface. All those fuckers know is chilish tiles for little kids.

As I have said earlier, Microsoft is dead. They just don't know it yet.

To hell with them. Truly.

tumblr_inline_mphga9DPTW1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mphga9DPTW1qz4rgp.gif (356.36 KiB) Viewed 7792 times

MasterOne

2014-10-01 08:00 »

It's funny how practically the entire press won't criticize anything Microsoft puts out. All they'll do is report on features and what Microsoft is doing next. It's really disappointing how "politically correct" the liberal press has become. Not only are the editors of most news agencies (including tech sites) not able to discern and report on the troubling things about Windows that we have here, but they fear repercussions if they were actually capable of the aforementioned and wrote a true dose of reality. Seriously, what a bunch of little sissies. The people who read this garbage don't question the reason why the press won't report about Windows' shortcomings. They just read it like complete drones, sipping on their morning coffee, not questioning anything.

On one article on Windows 10 there were over 1000 comments (obviously a lot of them paid shills), and it's funny because people who comment on articles aren't achieving anything. It's like vacuuming a carpet that's already been vacuumed, yet the person was unaware of it. They think they've actually done good by getting their comment out there but it just got buried. The bottom line is that when commonplace people in society can barely buckle a seat belt, how can you expect them to question the things we question here?

!
30%

2014-10-01 09:07 »

MasterOne wrote:...The bottom line is that when commonplace people in society can barely buckle a seat belt, how can you expect them to question the things we question here?

That statement is so true that I could cry over it. :neutral: :cry:

MasterOne

2014-10-01 14:29 »

Scorpius wrote:Bloody stupid, that's what they are. I am very disappointed so far. :thumbdown:

I like how your posts are short and that you get straight to the point. I really wish more of the internet were like that.

Steven W
VIP

2014-10-02 01:59 »

When Microsoft's 60-year-old emo kid starts blathering about "you can also now have up to four apps snapped on the same screen", we've brought back the start menu (with those oh-so-snazzy live tiles), apps from the store can now be resized and moved around because they now have a title bar, you know they're at the end of the road. I've read the new Coke analogies here and all I can say is that they're completely apt.

Part of the problem, in my opinion, is the desperation. The insatiable desire to be cool. Looking at the old freaks sporting children's haircuts and skinny jeans tells me all that I need to know about the mindset at Microsoft. They know that they were late to many of the games. Cell phones, tablets, et. cetra. In the 90s after finally putting out a decent product with a decent UI, they became so concerned about trying to commandeer web standards and taking over Java that they forgot to make a decent portal on Web or truly put any effort in to making Windows secure. It was during Ballmer's reign that Microsoft's chickens came home to roost and desperation really sat in.

I still say that Windows and the operating system for tablets/cell phones (Yes, I know they're just small computers) should have never been mixed. If MS had to reuse the kernel, then the UIs should have never met. Why would you shit on your bread and butter?

I've been forced on to Windows 7 and Office 2010 at work. Previously using XP and Office 2003. I'm already hating that ribbon. I decided to try some of the common tasks I need to perform. Went to scan a document in Word from my printer/copier/scanner combo. I do this and make PDF files from them to email. Well:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/offi ... ac921cba56

I got a keyboard shortcut fairly quickly from the directions. Apparently, MVP status at answers.microsoft.com is a bit of a joke. Suzanne S. Barnhill needs to drink some bleach. Anyways, I'm sure I'll have a few more gripes as time goes by. I'll share them here as time allows.

Steven W
VIP

2014-10-02 02:06 »

ATB.jpg
ATB.jpg (588.02 KiB) Viewed 7766 times

!
30%

2014-10-02 02:15 »

Windows 10 trolololol.png
Windows 10 trolololol.png (232.59 KiB) Viewed 7764 times