Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2013-11-20 05:24 »

:)

I am a senior citizen and, although it took a while, I would nevar go back to the old Windows Desktop. I have found the new Metro interface so much easier to navigate and organize. I can run two programs side-by-side. It are amazing how quickly I can load Facebook and get the senior ladies to come over and take their teeth out.

In my 20 years of IT experience, I have never seen an operating system as robust and well-implemented as Windows 8. The Facebook login APIs have allowed me to design a batch file that launches two instances of Internet Explorer that log you in to Facebook and are run side-by-side. No one evar had moar than two Windows open at once on older versions of Windows. Those that say so are lying. Trust me, I have 20 years of experience in IT.

I can't believe all of this Windows hate! Windows is not becoming simply a portal to the Windows Store and Microsoft's online services. There is so much more to the Metro UI than flat 2-D graphics, rectangles and squares. I've declared it so, therefore it is. Besides if you don't like Metro you can buy, download, install and configure 47 applications to get it to behave like Windows used to.

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-11-20 08:38 »

Well if that first comment is legit ( and I doubt it ) I would tell the old fart that he is the target demographic for Windows 8 ... a bona fide MetroTard. That means typically a 12 year old or less, but also for those old fogeys who have Alzheimer like reversion to childhood.

But it is far FAR more likely a Microsoft astroturfer, displaying their arrogant for old folks by portraying us as incompetent boobs. These astroturfers are contemptible scoundrels, that only Joseph Goebbels could appreciate.

Steven W
VIP

2013-11-20 22:23 »

Yeah, these are made up, although based a bit on some of the shit you see in comments whenever there's an article about Windows 8.x. I particularly love the comments saying something to the effect of "Microsoft can't hold your hand forever", where the commenter apparently fails to realize that Microsoft's attempts at nursemaiding everyone has lead to the current mess.

That was the idea here, to make fun of the idiotic comments seen elsewhere.

As a side-note, Chrome's spell-check is flagging "commenter" and "nursemaiding". Lovely.

MasterOne

2013-11-22 13:13 »

Taken from the ZDNet comments section, over some piece of shit Dell tablet that I'd take a hammer to if it were in my field of view:

Personally, I love mine.

I NEVER would have bought this if it was Windows 8.1 RT because the Windows RT ecosystem is weak compared to iOS and Android. I bought it SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE it runs the full version of Windows 8.1.

I primarily use the Windows Store apps, and with the ability to supplement things with desktop apps that make sense I feel it's the best of both worlds.