Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2013-11-28 03:54 »

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/25/xbox-on ... -swearing/

Polygon has collated a set of reports from various places, such as the Xbox forums and a Reddit thread suggesting that users were banned for uploading gameplay clips in which they use profanity, it is unclear what is considered profanity. The banned users are unable to use Upload Studio or upload any clips they captured.

Users who have been banned for using profanity in their Upload Studio clips are also reportedly being banned from using Skype. Polygon has reached to Microsoft for a comment.

Oh goody!

Get a load of this comment from some dumbfuck going by Hcw87:

Sounds like a bug that shouldn't affect Skype, but i like it nonetheless. If only it could automatically detect racist slurs and remarks while online gaming aswell, it would be good.

Talk like a normal person and this won't affect you.

I'm pretty sure using words like "bitch" "asshole" "retard" etc won't get you banned.

Bitch, asshole and retard are far less offensive than coon, spic and dago. Perhaps we need an After-school Special to explain this to today's youth and me as well.

!
30%

2013-11-28 12:04 »

Sticks and bones may break my bones... but words will never hurt me.

To hell with them... to hell with'em all... fools, want to live in a Big Brother society... let my "fuck you" also go to places like MSFN and all other forums where they disallow certain words... OH PLEASE, PROTECT US FROM THE BIG BAD... WORDS. :evil: MOTHERFUCKERS! :evil:

Damnable fools.

leopard-holds-tail.jpg
leopard-holds-tail.jpg (36.24 KiB) Viewed 3044 times

!
30%

2013-11-28 16:34 »

Some Xbox users expressed concern at why Microsoft was applying the ban to Skype accounts when accessed via the Xbox console, leading to fears that the company was monitoring their private conversations, prompting a statement from Microsoft;

"To be clear, the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement team does not monitor direct peer-to-peer communications like Skype chats and calls. Also, we take Code of Conduct moderation via Upload Studio very seriously. We want a clean, safe and fun environment for all users. Excessive profanity as well as other Code of Conduct violations will be enforced upon and result in suspension of some or all privileges on Xbox Live. We remain committed to preserving and promoting a safe, secure and enjoyable experience for all of our Xbox Live members."

However, a respondent to the Gizmodo article points out that one of the bans was applied for someone solely using Skype, remarking, "So yes they are listening, or someone complained about the persons behavior."

Idiots.