Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2013-12-05 17:11 »

Beware developers! Microsoft is now your competition.

I have worked remotely for about 13 years... I think it is highly stupid and moronic for a systemsdeveloper to travel back and forth to work just to sit there and do the same work he/she can do from home via the Internet. All that travel time can be put in extra research, education and making the work quality higher and of course, as well as giving me a higher living standard by not being forced to be among the other slaves/sheeps every day. (I'm a slave/sheep too)

It seems that I will be replaced by someone from India which will NOT work remotely, who will NOT speak a word of the native language (it's not English) and most probably for MUCH less sallary than myself. Why? Well, for one, my bosses like to see people physically in place, just like the old slave jobs, they want to see their slaves "doing work" otherwise they think you don't do any work.

They also like the ability to walk to you, in your little cubicle and interrupt your thought process, in middle of programming to ask stupid, moronic and redundant questions.

Those stupid fools aside, another part of my job is disappearing to... yes, you guessed it right! ...to Microsoft! They have started to push and sell ready made Web sites and eCommerce solutions very heavily to medium-size corporations along with the Microsoft Dynamic AX system. The guy from India (For the record, I have nothing against him) will just "manage" the Microsoft system for cheap and low sallary. Basically, like a glorified janitor.

What is left for me to do? Well, not much.

Microsoft is basically eating my lunch. They are still in early stages of this push so not many developers are really aware of this but in the coming years, we will see a lot of developers out of work. After all, Microsoft is a "devices and services" company now.

Where do I go from here? I have no idea.

The moral of the story? That there is no future in being a systemsdeveloper anymore. :( Well, unless you are doing it as a hobby. :?

...and this is how I feel:

2009cd8178_campbell-out_of_work_miner.jpg
2009cd8178_campbell-out_of_work_miner.jpg (335.56 KiB) Viewed 8652 times

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-12-06 10:47 »

I'm so sorry to hear this my friend.

Yay for our brave NuWorld.

!
30%

2013-12-06 17:11 »

NuWorld indeed. ::thumbdown::

TmEE
VIP

2013-12-08 00:14 »

Well, one thing in favor for you (and I) which a friend of mine said :

"we used Chinese developers for a while and their code was pretty absymal. Now the India has entered the market and set the bar even lower"

:mrgreen:

Anyway all these companies using these outsourced programmers will take a nosedive into concrete as far as software quality goes.

NoWorld is gonna be shitty...

For what its worth, there will be niche demand for actual skill, there will be some good in the sea of shit.

!
30%

2013-12-08 12:50 »

Funny quote. *lol* Although, I don't think Chinese or Indian people are bad coders. I think it is just that these corporations go for super cheap and super cheap is always super low quality anywhere in the world, be it in USA or China. Then of course there is the issue of currency which is artificially set to different values in different countries.

All and all, the future looks much dark. :?

!
30%

2015-09-12 15:42 »

So anyway... I finally got my notice few days ago... no more job! :neutral: Who took it? Microsoft did. Microsoft took my job and now I'm unemployed. Developers... developers... developers... MY ASS.

Like a Trojan horse, they sold Dynamics AX ...AND... a Web site with SharePoint. All ready, all automated. Gott'a love that! At least I can rest a while now. :sick: I'll be playing a lot of games! :mrgreen:

My next job won't be a developer job for sure. Fuck that, too unstable. It's all bullshit!

Unemployed_men_queued_outside_a_depression_soup_kitchen_opened_in_Chicago_by_Al_Capone,_02-1931_-_NARA_-_541927.jpg
Unemployed_men_queued_outside_a_depression_soup_kitchen_opened_in_Chicago_by_Al_Capone,_02-1931_-_NARA_-_541927.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 8217 times

TmEE
VIP

2015-09-15 02:25 »

Clerk type job where you can use a computer (and run your own stuff) works worders, you get money for doing your own schit hahahahaha

!
30%

2015-09-15 02:48 »

Yeah. Well, I'm pondering on opening some kind of shop, online. Not sure how or what to sell though. :think:

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2015-09-16 07:21 »

I just got 10 Dell GX620 desktops from a company that upgraded their systems. They all have Windows XP Pro. I plan to update the hardware and donate them to shelters. I might keep two, but since I stay in motion, a desktop is not a necessity for me. My father in law said he could most likely get me some flat screen monitors from his company. So once I get those, users would only need to buy a keyboard and mouse. My biggest passion is to help needed ones, although I'm not rich, I'm in a position to help others. I will post some screen shots later.

!
30%

2015-09-16 14:46 »

Would love some pictures! I really like all kinds of hardware and software pictures! Takes me back in time. :thumbup: