Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Fool's design
3%

2013-12-27 01:31 »

Drugwash wrote:...Why does the forum software automatically remove non-English characters????? I needed to type the correct spelling for a word in my language and I can't, it's always "leveled" to English. WTF???

Sorry about that. It isn't the forum software, our SQL server is set so it recognizes and prefers northern european languages because there are some other business software, Web sites and services installed on these servers. We forgot to set the correct SQL collation upon installing the forum software and creating its database. That is something we will have to live with for a while.

Drugwash

2013-12-27 11:23 »

I heard there's a new standard called Unicode. I wonder what's it all about... :roll:
Oh, forgot to say: heard about it some 15 years ago or so... :twisted:

Steven W wrote:they are most likely unnecessary and you get the feeling that you're nothing more than a number.
True! I've read some time ago the same thing: patients are actually called 'units' and they are referred to by their numbers. This may be an efficient way to deal with such a large volume of people and data, but beyond that I feel there's (almost) no kind of human feelings involved but rather just 'professionals doing their job' - mechanics and greasemonkeys fixing cars, nothing more.

I've been in the hospital at the age of three, nearly died twice then. Well, I'd rather die in my bed rather than a hospital bed that can barely wait to send the bill to whomever's left alive in my family. :(

Steven W wrote:Maybe a subliminal message:

Xbox one will make you whole!

Hahahaha, that's a very good one! ::clap:: ::thumbup:: :lol: