Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Fool's design
3%

2013-02-24 15:26 »

Fool's design.

Opinions and suggestions regarding Fool's design.

Do not hesitate to criticize us. Criticism will help to make things better.
You will not get banned for criticizing Fool's design.
Speak freely!
;)

!
30%

2013-02-27 11:42 »

I like the new blue-purply background, fits very well into the green-purply overall color theme of this place.
Makes it very relaxing being in here.
:relaxed:

Now, if only I could get one of these: Image
:lol:

!
30%

2013-02-27 13:38 »

That evil fool logo, fits right in!!! <3

!
30%

2013-02-28 15:15 »

The illuminated woman is even better! Hm, perhaps random logos would be cool.

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-03-13 11:40 »

"!",

Dude, you're kicking ass and taking names. The blog is shaping up nice. Image Questions and Suggestions ...

(1) Is there any FONT selection available?

(2) If you have access to the style sheet for layout and placement I would experiment with slightly increased padding-top for the user comment ( or maybe padding-bottom after the header, ex: by Fool's design » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm ) so that there is a little space after the header before the user comment begins. It butts too close to the top margin. Likewise, the end of the comment gets too close to the end of the comment box. Actually, increasing margin for the entire "comment area" would accomplish the exact same thing ( and it would indent slightly which offsets it from the header ) which improves everything!

(3) Is there a way to use links with a text description, or is it just URLs by themselves?

(4) Are there any other formatting options that are not listed? Send me an email if you want to keep it secret. You can trust me. :P

Fool's design
3%

2013-03-13 12:44 »

CharlotteTheHarlot wrote:"!",

Dude, you're kicking ass and taking names. The blog is shaping up nice. Image Questions and Suggestions ...

Thank you for the kind words! Have seen people already quoting and linking to the articles in here, which is nice! Together, we will rock the fools' boats! :lol: If you have thought of your own (which we know you have great ones) please do share them! You are an excellent writer.

CharlotteTheHarlot wrote:(1) Is there any FONT selection available?

No, only font sizes "Tiny, Small, Normal, Large, Huge". Tried to add a font name code but it failed for some reason.

CharlotteTheHarlot wrote:(2) If you have access to the style sheet for layout and placement I would experiment with slightly increased padding-top for the user comment ( or maybe padding-bottom after the header, ex: by Fool's design » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm ) so that there is a little space after the header before the user comment begins. It butts too close to the top margin. Likewise, the end of the comment gets too close to the end of the comment box. Actually, increasing margin for the entire "comment area" would accomplish the exact same thing ( and it would indent slightly which offsets it from the header ) which improves everything!

Excellent point! That has actually bugged the eye a good while now. *lol* Will take care of it this week.

CharlotteTheHarlot wrote:(3) Is there a way to use links with a text description, or is it just URLs by themselves?

Yes, there is! :) Like this: [url="SOME URL HERE"]"SOME DESCRIPTION HERE"[/url] (without the ") -> SOME DESCRIPTION HERE

CharlotteTheHarlot wrote:(4) Are there any other formatting options that are not listed? Send me an email if you want to keep it secret. You can trust me. :P

They are all visible. Although by Microsoft's standard, they should all be hidden. haha :mrgreen:

:!: By the way, you can upload pictures here. When you do a reply, just look below for "Upload attachment". External links tend to die after a while. We have edited your old posts and attached the pictures for you, however.

Fool's design
3%

2013-03-14 04:20 »

Fool's design wrote:...
CharlotteTheHarlot wrote:(2) If you have access to the style sheet for layout and placement I would experiment with slightly increased padding-top for the user comment ( or maybe padding-bottom after the header, ex: by Fool's design » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm ) so that there is a little space after the header before the user comment begins. It butts too close to the top margin. Likewise, the end of the comment gets too close to the end of the comment box. Actually, increasing margin for the entire "comment area" would accomplish the exact same thing ( and it would indent slightly which offsets it from the header ) which improves everything!

Excellent point! That has actually bugged the eye a good while now. *lol* Will take care of it this week...

Added "margin-top:2.5em;margin-bottom:2.5em;" to the body of the posts.

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-03-14 22:55 »

Much better. The indent looks especially good.

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2013-03-22 13:34 »

How do I edit my topic when I update the SP?

Fool's design
3%

2013-03-22 14:27 »

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:How do I edit my topic when I update the SP?

You have a 7 minutes window of time to edit something. It is not possible to edit a post once those 7 minutes have past. This is to prevent "rogue elements" to delete data or in case someone's account gets hacked. There is also the issue of quotes where if someone quotes someone else and the original post gets edited, the quote could suddenly become wrong. Unlike 1984, the past cannot be changed here!
:lol:

Just realized what has happened here, you started a thread "Unofficial Windows 98 Second Edition Service Pack 3.20" for future but it cannot be edited now. Here is what you do, when creating a new thread, there is a "Save draft" button next to "Preview" and "Submit" buttons. You should save to draft and it will be saved under your "User Control Panel -> Front page -> Manage drafts". From there you will be able to edit it for unlimited time until it is finished. Once finished, you can post it.

:idea: Although, there is the issue of, if you have a new version of something and need to update the original post. Two ideas for this scenario. You can either post a reply to the original thread or create a new thread with the new version in the subject. The second scenario fits better because that way people can discuss different versions separately from each other and it would be less confusing.