Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Fool's design
3%

2013-07-22 09:41 »

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:I think a live chat option would be great, it would give users the opportunity to speak and get the feel of the site. Allow users who aren't registered to have access as well. I love this site because we do have freedom...

Live chat is an excellent idea but hard and time consuming to implement in a good way, without the use of Java or Flash. A good Web based IRC client would be good but there are almost no good ones which work on a Windows Server in a trustworthy and reliable way. Perhaps a simple JavaScript chat would work better. We will look into it but not a high priority at the moment until we grow a bit more. Definitely a good idea though.

Freedom of speech is essential to a forum Web site. Sadly, most of the other forum Web sites never heard of it. :D

!
30%

2013-07-22 09:47 »

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:...Did you know the Service Pack website is not mine but I have full access to it. I'm able to upload and delete files. The site belongs to Fredledingue which is a really good person. He didn't know me from a can of paint, and give me the opportunity...

Wow, that's cool. I didn't know that.

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:...I would never burn a bridge because that's not my character, but if you ever cross me, fuck the bridge I'm burning you.

I love the ending. Hahaha :lol:

internet-high-five.jpeg
internet-high-five.jpeg (36.39 KiB) Viewed 6769 times

EMPTORXC
0%

2013-08-10 08:21 »

Topic in;
General Discussion/'It mistakenly insinuates secureness problems throu'
Urgggh.. looks like this spammer took too many of whatever drugs its
trying to advertise... Report (a post) Button needed?

Fool's design
3%

2013-08-11 02:01 »

@EMPTORXC,

Thank you for reporting this. We do not need a spam report button, however. All posts in here, always get checked by humans/moderators. Some days slower than others but all spam and bots in here will be killed with fire.

:twisted:

Steven W
VIP

2013-08-11 03:48 »

Have you ever found something really badly designed? Something which obscurity of its functions makes it hard to understand its use? Something almost unusable to a point it would drive you mad using it too often? Perhaps, a fool's design? Then you have come to the right place. Post your findings here and help making the world a saner place.

I know I'm a newb, but I think you've already expanded beyond that.

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2013-08-11 11:42 »

Glad to see you Steven W.

Fool's design
3%

2013-08-11 14:05 »

Steven W wrote:
Have you ever found something really badly designed? Something which obscurity of its functions makes it hard to understand its use? Something almost unusable to a point it would drive you mad using it too often? Perhaps, a fool's design? Then you have come to the right place. Post your findings here and help making the world a saner place.

I know I'm a newb, but I think you've already expanded beyond that.

Yes, we sure have! Hopefully, we will be able to have a technology news section as well in a few weeks. Our news section will be different than other "regular mainstream" Web sites.
Stay tuned!
:relaxed:

!
30%

2013-08-11 14:06 »

Steven W wrote:...I know I'm a newb...

There are no newbies in here. We are all equals. Although, some are more equal than others! Hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

I, user.

2013-08-11 14:09 »

Non Hic wrote:...some are more equal than others!...

LOL!

some-pigs-are-more-equal-than-others.jpg
some-pigs-are-more-equal-than-others.jpg (82.71 KiB) Viewed 6685 times

Steven W
VIP

2013-08-11 17:43 »

Thank you all. Perhaps, someday, I'll be more equal too :lol:

PROBLEMCHYLD, particularly glad to see you here. I was reading your posts in 'The fools of MSFN forums' and I have to say some of that shit over there was absolutely cartoon-ish. I was laughing so hard when you were saying what needed to be said over there. I couldn't believe that people were actually arguing about the project's name!

I see others had problems with the thread locking too. There's been a time or two that stuff has irked me also. I don't want to come across as completely bashing the site, it (as well as MDGx's website) has been of immense value and will remain one of the best sites information regarding MS Operating Systems (especially older ones) for some time to come, but the time has come that more freedom needs to be had IMO.