Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Fredledingue

2013-08-24 22:30 »

Hi There! My first post here... First of all could you use a clear text color (eg. white) because with this dark background I can't read anything... (I must disable images to do so)

Thanks.

Fool's design
3%

2013-08-25 13:39 »

Hello and welcome Fredledingue!

Regarding your text color suggestion. We wonder if you can see the actual background? This text color is very pleasant to the eye with this specific background we use but perhaps it does not show up correctly for you in your browser? Could you please post a screenshot of what you see in here? That would help determine if it's our theme which bothers you or something else. If it is the theme, we will look into it.

Thank you.

Fredledingue

2013-08-25 23:40 »

Actualy I wonder how you can feel confortable with the current brackground and font color... You see the same background as I do, don't you?
Or you have another text color which cannot be rendered with my (outdated) browsers?
Attachments
Also the "post a reply" button is unreadable on both browsers.
Also the "post a reply" button is unreadable on both browsers.
tempfoolsdesing3.jpg (5.5 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
view from Kameleon
view from Kameleon
tempfoolsdesing2.jpg (66.88 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
View from Maxthon 2
View from Maxthon 2
tempfoolsdesing1.jpg (74.25 KiB) Viewed 5898 times

TmEE
VIP

2013-08-26 05:59 »

Forum shows up correct in Opera 11.64, or at least functional enough.
Attachments
ForumView.png
ForumView.png (645.25 KiB) Viewed 5895 times

!
30%

2013-08-26 06:22 »

Wait a minute here guys, what the hell are those pictures?!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D The Web site does NOT look like that man! Hahahhaha... but I'm afraid you need a modern Web browser to view it "correctly". This is how the forums look like currently in FireFox/IE/Latest Opera:

fool's design forums.PNG
fool's design forums.PNG (212.03 KiB) Viewed 5894 times

Ps. Oh, Now I see. TmEE sees it correctly, my eyes got mixed up with that screenshot mixed with the other one but yeah, this Web site will not work on outdated browsers.

Fool's design
3%

2013-08-26 06:46 »

Yes, there is no way we will alter this Web site to make it compatible with outdated and old Web browsers. Even if money was involved. Please see the "Addendum" section in Member signatures, private messaging, topic subscriptions.

If our Web site seems to not be working properly due to you using an old version of the browser of your choice, we do not care. At all. For example, if you feel that it is prudent of you to stay in an old Internet Explorer version, say 6.x, don't come nagging to us that this Web site is not working in it. Update your browser. In such cases, it is not the Web site which is broken but it is you that are breaking the Web. Seriously.

That perhaps sounds bit too harsh but in the entire life of this Web site, out of many thousand visitors, only a few (around 20) have ever visited this place with old Web browsers. There are more plans about this Web site than just offering forum functionality and making it compatible with outdated browsers would take a lot of our time and resources.

Although, as we have stated, it is also an ideological position where we (the folks behind this Web site) feel strongly that people should and must keep their Web browsers up to date, all the time. We do not wish to revert back to the times of Internet Explorer 6.x where people never updated and so many hours and so much money was wasted on making Web sites compatible with that old piece of crap (excuse the french), hence, even if money was involved, making this Web site compatible with old Web browsers will not be part of our plans. Ever.

That beind said, the goal is not to make this Web site look like a mess with a mix of heavy use of JavaScript and HTML5 elements, the way most of the current "modern" Web sites do, however. That indeed, would be a foolish behaviour from our part. :!:

The only recourse we can recommend as support in this case is to update your Web browser. :idea:

Fredledingue

2013-08-27 00:33 »

Ok I fixed it by disabling "page colors" in Kameleon. No big deal.

For the sake of discussion (if you find this boring please, stop reading here), I was surprised that a background picture would not display as on modern browsers because it's such a simple thing.

It's bad luck I must say, because absent of this background issue (how it came as "page color" I don't know) your website displays perfectly.

I can see 99% of web content on my old computer (which doesn't support new browers), and 97% on IE6 based Maxthon2 when javascript is disabled. The 1% I cannot see or use at all are flash player based BS and heavily interractive stuffs.

Note: I have another, more recent computer next to me in case I realy need it.

Fool's design
3%

2013-08-27 00:56 »

Perfect, we are glad that you got things working. :)

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2013-08-27 20:28 »

Not sure if this is the right place, but @ Fredledingue, I am not able to connect to the server to upload a new version of SP. Its not accepting my username and password. I sent you a PM on MSFN, but I don't think you got it.
Welcome home too :P

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2013-08-27 20:49 »

You guys can ignore this. Sorry :? I was able to login after changing some settings.