Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2014-12-18 23:12 »

http://www.voanews.com/content/presiden ... 63923.html

U.S. officials are treating a cyberattack on Sony Pictures as a "serious national security matter," with the National Security Council considering a proportionate response, the White House said Thursday.

Evidence shows the attack against Sony was carried out by a "sophisticated actor," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said. But he declined to blame North Korea, saying the investigation is still progressing.

Proportionate response? Let me guess, the tax-payers will now subsidize a new agency, the National Internet and Computing Safety Administration or NICSA, for short. An idiotic asshole, like those working for the TSA A Highly trained agent will follow us around all day and before we're allowed to use any computer, including our cell phone or tablet, the agent will ensure approved antivirus and anti-malware programs are up and running then we'll get fondled searched to make sure we don't have any rogue flash drives or other device and will sit and watch us to ensure we don't visit any sites deemed inappropriate, offensive or harmful. The said agent will give us a hug if we are saddened by anything we may read, hear or see while connected to the Web.

'Murica, fuck yeah!

Steven W
VIP

2014-12-19 02:40 »

I have to add more here, I read this a while back:

http://the-gadgeteer.com/2014/01/20/amc ... lass-user/

I'm not a big fan of Google Glass, but one must ask why the hell agent from the Department of Homeland Security were involved in this.? Another obvious question is if the goddamned retarded motherfuckers at AMC were so concerned about this guy wearing them, why didn't they simply ask him to remove them? I have to really laugh at the two free movie passes being thought of as appropriate compensation.

The nation is "more secure"!!!!!1!!!1!!!1 :roll: The corporations can sleep soundly tonight.

statue_liberty_strip.gif
statue_liberty_strip.gif (836.64 KiB) Viewed 5431 times

tumblr_mom46wc8U61rqcrxxo1_500.gif
tumblr_mom46wc8U61rqcrxxo1_500.gif (383.23 KiB) Viewed 5431 times

MasterOne

2014-12-19 18:02 »

How can we verify that the Glass wearer's story is accurate or even true?

MasterOne

2014-12-19 18:24 »

For all we know the guy is schizoaffective and was having a bad day...

Steven W
VIP

2014-12-19 22:39 »

MasterOne wrote:How can we verify that the Glass wearer's story is accurate or even true?

Well, for starters, we could read the article and the various updates to it, such as update number 4, noting not only the email, but the mention of the Columbus Dispatch.

Then we can pretend to have a brain and use Google and find the following link:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... eater.html

Further we could read that article:

In retrospect, he said in an interview with The Dispatch yesterday, "I realize it's stupid to have a device with a camera pointed at the screen. But I didn't even think of it, because I don't use Google Glass to record other people."

Khaalid Walls, a spokesman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, confirmed in an email yesterday that special agents with the agency's Homeland Security Investigations "briefly interviewed a man suspected of using an electronic recording device to record a film."

So an actual interview was had not only with the movie patron, but also a government agent confirming part of the story. I suppose if we want further verification we could contact the dispatch or dig up the reporters home address and have a visit. But alas, that would only verify part of the story. So to vet the story completely we'd need an invisibility cloak and a time machine so that we could travel to the theater at the point in time and observe the events without interfering. If you do figure out how to assemble those two device, by all means, post schematics, diagrams and instructions in the Hardware forum.

Steven W
VIP

2014-12-19 23:04 »

As for the movie-goer's mental health, perhaps with the aid of said time machine and invisibility cloaks we could take several psychiatrists with us on the time traveling expedition and observe him for several years before and during the incident at the theater. That way we could verify not only that he account of what happened at the theater was accurate, but also have a very good account of his mental health.

Steven W
VIP

2014-12-19 23:19 »

I have to admit, I took the low road and decided the story was vetted well enough for my liking. Apologies to all for wasting your time with it.

LOL

2014-12-20 00:48 »

googlegang.jpg
googlegang.jpg (100.99 KiB) Viewed 5405 times

MasterOne

2014-12-20 01:14 »

C'mon Steven, where's your smoking gun story? :lol: