Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2015-02-16 23:15 »

I really haven't kept up with what MS is doing after seeing Vista and 7, I realized I no longer gave a flying fuck. I had a friend showing me 8 and bitching about, he was dismayed that I wasn't surprised. When I started explaining what it was about previous versions that I disliked, I think he began to understand. I accidentally ran across this when searching for something unrelated:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... v=msads.10).aspx

We've seen the future of Windows. There are those that still believe or are getting paid to push the idea that Microsoft and or Windows is relevant. Then there's the truly pathetic dumb cows who believe they have to put up with the prepackaged horse shit simply because it's from Microsoft. Of course there's the retarded corporations, like the one I work for, who've locked themselves in on dotNet-built applications and MS SQL. I suppose at some point they'll have to "upgrade" to some newer version of Windows. Seeing the need for an exit strategy, let alone implementing one, would require thought. I don't see that happening where I work.

I see that Microsoft is making 10 a "free upgrade" for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users with certain caveats:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2873214/ ... users.html

...users of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free for one year after the operating system launches.

Why wait for a year?

"We think of Windows 10 as a service," Myerson said.

If alarms aren't sounding in your head, you should consult a neurologist.

I find certain statement laughable:

Once you've claimed the upgrade, Microsoft will keep you updated for the supported lifetime of the device.

Okay, so if I still have the "device" in 30 years, Microsoft will keep my "updated"?

The decision to make Windows 10 a free upgrade for existing users-at least for a limited time-makes sense.

The pretending needs to stop. Windows is now adware. The apologists and the paid shills will tell you that it will be controlled, that the Windows Store Gustapo will be in control, not realizing that is not a selling point. Pick a direction with Windows, Microsoft. Either go all in with your adware and give it away or change direction.

!
30%

2015-02-17 00:14 »

Steven W wrote:...Windows is now adware...

Spot on! :sick:

Steven W
VIP

2015-02-17 01:25 »

Sorry guys, I intended this for The Lounge. Been sorta overwhelmed today.