Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2014-01-18 23:48 »

It was only a matter of time.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/smart ... 2D11947402

Security firm Proofpoint has uncovered a cyberattack that involved the hacking of "smart" home appliances connected to the Internet. Hackers broke into more than 100,000 gadgets -- including TVs, multimedia centers, routers, and at least one fridge - and used the appliances to send out more than 750,000 malicious emails between December 23 and January 6.

The question of how much benefit this bullshit brings is questionable. Best not say that to the "I'm saving the Earth" crowd. Routers, heh. Those have become needlessly complicated too. Oh well, as long as we is "Smart". How long do you think it'll be until the temperature settings on the fridge is messed with? You think any information spewed by these devices could be used by criminals to figure out when you're not at home? The possibilities are endless!

!
30%

2014-01-19 08:55 »

Fucking morons man, fucking morons. Why the fuck would I want a spy device inside my fucking fridge? Most of these smart devices are all creepy because they are solutions looking for a proble which is pretty sad.

Meanwhile, we have not even one real Moon base and are not even close to colonizing Mars. Instead, we are wasting time and resources checking how much milk there is in our fridges. ::thumbdown::