Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
TmEE
VIP

2014-02-02 02:14 »

Unrelated, but will a John Crichton pop up ? LOL
Farscape rules !

I, user.

2014-02-02 02:16 »

Sheesh, first someone goes nuts about cookies and then this? Ludicrous.

Scorpius, aside from the rudeness [ahem], it would be pretty pathetic that someone would be counted as an active member by only visiting this place twenty times in ten years. Therefore, I have no choice but to agree with you.

He ("Drugwash") definitely overreacted.

I'm grateful that you guys are even involving us and allowing us to discuss it with you. It shows a level of respect and care that I haven't seen on various forums for the longest time.
::thumbup::

As I said earlier, 6 months is way too long imho (in my humble opinion), 3-4 months sounds more reasonable and after that, kill it with fire.

Scorpius

2014-02-02 02:18 »

@TmEE,

Probably not. :twisted:

Fool's design
3%

2014-02-02 02:43 »

RFMaster wrote:Almost every day i visit the forum, I like to read, i don't talk much, only when i have something important to say. But if you think it's not good delete my account.
Because i have no plans to just talk "something" (nonsense) just to have a status "Active Member".

Our reply:
Fool's design wrote:Hello!

We are still discussing what an inactive account means but as long as you visit us regularly, you should not be worried about being deleted. As you say, only fools speak because they have to say something and most fools do. Smart people speak because they have something to say. :)

The first time we deleted your account, it was just a mistake that we thought it was a bot. We do not delete accounts that have no posts and visit us regularly. No worries and thank you for your thoughts. We appreciate the time you took to write to us.

/Regards
Fool's design

To be clear, having no posts does not mean that we will delete your account! As long as you visit us regularly, we will gladly keep your account. Our regular visitors are our "customers" and they are most welcome to have an account. Just remember that if you are not logged in then there is no way for us to know that you visit us.
:)

Scorpius

2014-02-02 02:48 »

You are not required to post something just to be counted as an active member. We have no problem with you having an account without any posts. As long as you are a regular visitor (and logged in), we will see you as an active member.

EMPTORXC
0%

2014-02-02 14:26 »

Thank you all. My profile is ready to be deleted. Admin, please delete my account as soon as poosible, including any and all backups o . . . ..Whoahhh there horsie!!! Methinks peeps needs to thinks
stop mixing them drinks!!

I'm sure if DrugWash wished to return under some other username, that would be copasetic.
But I must say, I have suspected for some time that his Avatar simply didn't meet the prevailing
standards of Revoltation and Horificity for this Board...

which reminds me... Scorpius - 'The GIMP' called - he says stop cutting holes in his costume or
you-are-'mo'...
[Huh :o ?..Oh, that can't end well... :shock: ]

!
30%

2014-02-03 00:32 »

EMPTORXC wrote:...But I must say, I have suspected for some time that his Avatar simply didn't meet the prevailing
standards of Revoltation and Horificity for this Board...

Hahhha... :lol:

Fool's design
3%

2014-02-03 00:34 »

EMPTORXC wrote:...I'm sure if DrugWash wished to return under some other username, that would be copasetic...

He is always welcome to come back, even under his old nickname. We are unlike other forums and hold no grudges against anyone. :relaxed:

Fool's design
3%

2014-02-04 22:54 »

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for the good suggestions.

:!:
We have decied to go with the 4 months option. If a member does not show up in 4 months, that is roughly 120 days, that member's account will be deleted without any warning. We will try to send a notification prior to deletion to a selected few, however. For example if someone is very active and suddenly doesn't show up, we will try to (it is not a promise) to send a notification to make sure things are "OK" or not. If you are not logged in or don't have cookies enabled, we will not see you as an active member because the login function will simply not work. To those of you without any posts, no need to worry. We are not a bunch of fools. In order for your account to be counted as active, all you need to do is to visit us while being logged in, there is no need of doing a junk post once every 120 days.
:!:

Edit: Updated the rules, terms and conditions to reflect this change.

We dislike locked threads so this thread will of course remain open.

Scorpius

2014-02-04 23:09 »

haters_gonna_hate3.jpg
haters_gonna_hate3.jpg (156.82 KiB) Viewed 6421 times