Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2013-06-01 00:04 »

Whooha... I think you just blew my mind. Now I'm scared. What if the Devil is also a lie? Never thought of that one. :oops: Although, I'm pretty sure he exists. :P :mrgreen:

!
30%

2013-06-24 22:24 »

So what was the result of that whole "we have to move" that "Windows 8 Deeper Impressions" thread to a "more suitable category"? Well, here it is. This is how you censor something without "technically" censoring it.

The fools of MSFN effectively killed that thread by moving it. Whoever leaned on them sure knew a thing or two about "soft censoring". Now, if only the contributors to that thread had a clue what is going on, except of course me and CharlotteTheHarlot.

Surely they keep ranting and posting on that thread, but there is this little issue now, no one is reading it anymore because they cannot reach it with ease.

8-)

deeper01.png
deeper01.png (39.17 KiB) Viewed 8365 times

deeper02.png
deeper02.png (13.49 KiB) Viewed 8365 times

deeper03.png
deeper03.png (57.3 KiB) Viewed 8365 times

JorgeA

2013-06-29 06:27 »

I'm happy to report that, despite all the (intentional or unintentional) roadblocks, "Deeper Impressions" is still going strong. A few days ago I posted and, as usual, out of curiosity looked at how many people were looking at the thread at that moment. It was 154. :D

Not that things have been totally peachy. The forum experienced some major software issues earlier this month and was down completely for several days, as your images indicate. Ever since it came back up, I have not been getting e-mail notifications to the threads I'm subscribed to, which is a pain because I subscribe to a lot of them, some on the spur of the moment, and if I don't get notices then I don't know and can't necessarily remember who's replied to me where. It's a chore and a crapshoot to go through every subforum manually to scan and try to recall where I might have posted something. (And going into my posts in my profile would be a different kind of chore, and it would still not tell me if anybody's commented.) If they don't fix this problem, over time it is bound to affect their traffic and membership. I know, I know, you're all broken up over that prospect! ;)

The thread discussion takes twists and turns, always related in some way to Windows 8 or Microsoft and its policies and strategies. Lately we've been discussing NSA surveillance (aided and abetted by MSFT among others), the release of the Xbox One with sharply increased DRM (like the Metro Store walled garden), and Windows 8.1 (meh). But overall the discussion is still going strong -- the unhappiness out there over Win8 is THAT great, new people keep coming to check out what's being said.

--JorgeA

!
30%

2013-06-29 13:34 »

JorgeA, you might enjoy reading Entering the invisible prison, feudalism in IT.

Steven W
VIP

2013-08-10 22:46 »

I'm so glad I found this thread, hope all of you from M.S.F.N are still around!

!
30%

2013-08-11 01:58 »

@Steven W,

We are still around for sure... and welcome aboard! Spread the word about this Web site. :D

Fool's design
3%

2013-08-11 01:59 »

Indeed, we are alive and active.

!
30%

2013-08-27 00:18 »

Heh, when I posted a thread over there (some months ago in the early time when I joined this place) asking that they would disclose some facts regarding their costs of operations, they banned me. That was one of their reasons for banning me, even though I DONATED MONEY TO THAT MOTHERFUCKER. Here is the guy, asking for more money again. *lol*

If you ask for money DONATION from people, also known as begging, the LEAST you SHOULD do is to disclose your costs and be HONEST and OPEN about the costs. Does anyone even know what hardware or line they use over there at MSFN?

In my humble opinion, they are full of shit!

Over here at foolsdesign.org, at least we have full disclosure, full knowledge of the technology, line and the operating costs behind everything.

Some donations will be very much appreciated for skin, modifications. Did also server reload and RAM upgrade.. etc. Thanks.

xper at msfn.PNG
xper at msfn.PNG (55.92 KiB) Viewed 8195 times

begs.jpg
begs.jpg (66.92 KiB) Viewed 8195 times

I, user.

2013-08-27 01:26 »

Well, at least they offer a very high quality service over there at MSFN forums. ;) :roll: 8-)

msfn lol.png
msfn lol.png (175.42 KiB) Viewed 8191 times

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-08-27 01:53 »

And it is still a mystery of what causes these database errors. I doubt it has anything to do with MSFN though.

SQL is almost always mentioned in the error message, but that doesn't really help. It could be almost anyone supplying the bits on the backend. Microsoft maybe?

I haven't found an easy way to read through all the various Invision marketing and developer websites since they cater to customers mostly, customer means you pay them for IP Board or some other product and have a license.