Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2014-03-08 15:15 »

clipboard01dsfdswer.jpg
clipboard01dsfdswer.jpg (39.69 KiB) Viewed 3191 times

So first they Nokia exec Stephen Elop is given control of games and devices at Microsoft which reportedly sees the Xbox as "not critical to the company's strategy." ...and now this:

Microsoft trying to get politicians to pay for campaign ads on Xbox Live and Skype.

If Microsoft has its way, the near future could see your Xbox One dashboard turn into a political ad location, at least in the U.S.

The Washington Post reports that Microsoft representatives were passing out promotional materials this week at the annual CPAC conservative political conference in Washington DC. The documents were plugging Microsoft's Xbox Live, Skype and MSN services to current and potential candidates as a source for running campaign ads.

The materials stated that Microsoft could create a database of Xbox Live users that could be used as the basis for political ads that would show up in the dashboard of Xbox consoles. Presumably, the ads would be targeted at specific audiences and demographics; in other words, a person living in New York City would see ads for their local candidates while an L.A. resident would see a different set of political messages aimed at their districts.

You couldn't make this stuff up! What a great deal, first you buy a very expensive locked-down PC called a "console". Then you pay a subscription fee beside all of those expensive games you buy to actually be able to use it in a good way. ...and now, you also get to see advertisement from all of those politicians and their campaigns! As a bonus, you get to be spied on via the always on, always connected Kinect! Truly, an excellent deal.
:relaxed:

I doubt this is Elop's doing but I think Microsoft has been infiltrated to loot the company of its riches before slowly shrinking or killing the company as it is today and make it a "background" company, like I.B.M.

They can keep their Xbone, their Windows 8.x and their tiles! To hell with them!

816.jpg
816.jpg (61.49 KiB) Viewed 3191 times

I, user.

2014-03-08 15:21 »

If I did not trust this place and had not read all of your great posts in this Web site I almost would have thought that you made it all up!

What the hell is going on over there at Microsoft? Makes you wonder. :|

nadella-windows.jpg
nadella-windows.jpg (36.01 KiB) Viewed 3188 times