Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2014-03-08 17:07 »

Report: 'Windows 8.1 with Bing' could be an experiment to offer Windows for free.

If this report is accurate, it could mean that people might be able to get a full version of Windows for free that's monetized by Bing ads and incentives. While that sounds good on the surface, many users might be wary of having to deal with more ads and offers inside their operating system.

1_54868_original.jpg
1_54868_original.jpg (66.33 KiB) Viewed 3193 times

owmyballs.jpg
owmyballs.jpg (33.99 KiB) Viewed 3193 times

MasterOne

2014-03-08 19:02 »

Free seems to be the future for Windows, as they're the black sheep right now. Everyone else is offering a free OS. Yeah, there are Red Hat support contracts and Oracle Solaris, but I think I made my point. Microsoft is struggling over what to do in the vast new world shifting away from Microsoft, and their clueless new management team doesn't seem to be helping much. If it were, Windows 8.1 Update 1 would at least have the option of giving the user a Start menu, but apparently that was too much to ask for! With Linux, the user can choose KDE, Gnome, Unity, Xfce, LXDE, and others to fulfill their requirements. With Windows, you are stuck with the infantile shit that they foist upon the user, and if you don't like it, tough! Want to sideload apps? You can, but not before jumping through a bunch of hoops and potentially having to buy a fucking license from big brother!

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1882 ... -app-store

MS's management team consists of a bunch of morons that can't discern their heads from their asses, and they're obviously overpaid because they can't make a decision worth a flying fuck!

Let me spell it out for Microsoft since they seem to have such difficulty understanding evolving markets and technology: charge enterprise users for your enterprise Windows versions, because they'll still be using Windows for a long time if it doesn't completely suck and have an infantile UI. Give home users your OS for free. You know that many fortune 500 companies have the money to pay for Windows, and it's what they want to use, as we all know certain specialized applications won't run on Linux. And even if that weren't the case, which many times it's not, big business sometimes thinks that Windows is just better than anything else. So, MS has a big market to sell to, and what do they do? Put a tablet interface on the desktop, and still won't let it go? Then they alienate developers by trying to squash the desktop and take a chunk of their income by forcing them to put their application in the locked down crappy ass Orwellian app store? Give me a fucking break! It's fucking simple! Microsoft is becoming an irrelevant company, and their managerial decisions are just speeding up their own demise. Seriously, what a bunch of idiots. It's like the rich kid that inherits hundreds of millions of dollars from his parents, and has the intellect of a dish sponge.

!
30%

2014-03-09 18:06 »

This is some seriously disgusting and filthy stuff:

First of all, the application deployment bypassing the Windows Store is called sideloading.

One basically has two options to perform sideloading:

* Windows 8 Pro and Windows Server 8, if they are joined to a domain, are directly ready for side-loading.
* Windows 8 and Windows 8 RT, as well as the above-mentioned systems without domain, require the activation of a special Sideloading key, which can be purchased by enterprises only and usually available in 100 packs (priced at $3000 per pack, $30 per licence).

And they wonder why there is no one making apps applications for their brave new junk. I will never ever develop an application for such a closed system. Fuck them and fuck their systems.

NEVER... EVER. :evil:

716.jpg
716.jpg (38.32 KiB) Viewed 3185 times

!
30%

2014-03-09 18:08 »

MasterOne wrote:...So, MS has a big market to sell to, and what do they do? Put a tablet interface on the desktop, and still won't let it go? Then they alienate developers by trying to squash the desktop and take a chunk of their income by forcing them to put their application in the locked down crappy ass Orwellian app store? Give me a fucking break! It's fucking simple! Microsoft is becoming an irrelevant company, and their managerial decisions are just speeding up their own demise. Seriously, what a bunch of idiots. It's like the rich kid that inherits hundreds of millions of dollars from his parents, and has the intellect of a dish sponge.

Excellently put! ::thumbup::