Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
MasterOne

2014-03-10 07:25 »

Neowin is a pro-Windows site with a bunch of trolls on it that compete with each other to see who can write the most positive comment about Windows 8.x. These people are obviously not living in reality. One look at Update 1 on Windows 8.1, and it's obvious the interface still is shit. The trolls on Neowin love brown nosing Microsoft, and will write praises about the shittiest OS ever released by MS, as long as it came from MS. I don't have an account on Neowin, but if I did, I would write a comment on an article about how crappy any iteration of Windows 8 is. The app store is still there. You still have to pay MS for a license to deploy your own app. The horrid Modern interface is still foisted upon the user. The app store back door is still there. Aero is still missing. The setup phase asks personal questions, tries to force the user to have a Live ID, and even after checking no to the privacy stuff, we can't be sure that it actually isn't phoning home. I am using Linux full time now and it does everything Windows can do, plus there's the security behind it knowing that there are very likely no back doors, and there's a concerted global effort to keep improving the source code. With Microsoft, the billions of dollars and mismanagement don't seem to be directed at tuning the source code. It's probably a big spaghetti mess of code, but we can't see it because the source is closed -- how convenient.

Fool's design
3%

2014-03-10 14:39 »

We used to have an account but it got banned swiftly as soon as anything anti Windows or Microsoft was posted. Most of those comments are fake comments on Neowin, probably low wage paid shills which is not an uncommong practice in marketing. We also tried to pay for an advertisement banner on Neowin but it got rejected with the reason "Conflict of interest".

Clearly, Neowin is not a news Web site, it is just an extended arm of Microsoft press release and marketing department. :idea:

It is as if it's 1984 at Neowin, those comments are unreal. :relaxed:

bullshit_detector41.gif
bullshit_detector41.gif (40 KiB) Viewed 3080 times

Steven W
VIP

2014-03-10 20:32 »

Fecal Hz. Waves of turds. Oh Lawds! :lol: