Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2015-10-01 08:26 »

game_over_by_ventious-d73m9mg.gif
game_over_by_ventious-d73m9mg.gif (418.05 KiB) Viewed 6402 times

Speaking of the forced updates in Windows 10, which by the way, you won't have to put up with it if you follow my instructions here: How to disable Windows 10 spyware telemetry logging, including killing off forced Windows updates.

Nerves rattled by highly suspicious Windows Update delivered worldwide.

Check out those lovely .MIL and .GOV URLs in this thing! Microsoft said it was an accidental "test". Hahahahhaha riiiight... two ways this could have been:

This wasn't a test, either on purpose or not.
This was a test.

BOTH scenarios are JUST AS BAD!

Bottom line is that Microsoft CANNOT BE TRUSTED TO FORCE AUTOMATIC UPDATES INTO YOUR MACHINES WITHOUT THEM EVEN SAYING WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING UPDATE IS OR YOU BEING ABLE TO STOP/CHOOSE WHICH UPDATES TO PUT ON YOUR OWN FUCKING MACHINE!

Fuck them!

suspicious-windows-update.png
suspicious-windows-update.png (87.76 KiB) Viewed 6402 times

Strange payload raised concerns that Windows Update has been hacked.

This Web search, which queries the random-appearing string included in the payload, suggests that it's being delivered to people in multiple regions. The same unexplained and almost certainly unauthorized patch is being reported in a variety of online posts, including this one hosted by Microsoft. The updates appear to be coming directly from servers that are cryptographically certified to be part of Microsoft's Windows Update system.

"Clearly there's something that's delivered into the [Windows Update] queue that's trusted," Kenneth White, a Washington DC-based security researcher, told Ars after contacting some of the Windows users who received the suspicious update. "For someone to compromise the Windows Update server, that's a pretty serious vector. I don't raise the alarm very often but this has just enough characteristics of something pretty serious that I think it's worth looking at."

White is still trying to obtain a copy of the binary file that gets delivered to people receiving the update. He plans to run it in a restricted environment to see exactly how it gets delivered and what it does once it's installed. One person reported that the update won't download. White said for those who can get the download to work, the payload should be located at c:windowsmsdownloadupdatesoftwaredefu20159 estexe_xxxxxxx.exe (where xxxxxxx is the random-appearing characters found in the update bulletin. A Microsoft spokesman said company officials are investigating the reports.

One user has reported installing the update and finding that it rendered the computer largely inoperable.

"My laptop was screwed after the update," the user, ByGodZombie, reported in a comment to this post. "Windows explorer crashes VERY frequently now and most of my programs stopped working even in admin mode. System restore didn't work and I don't have the information I need for a reinstall. Basically whatever it was killed my system and compromised my gear so I wouldn't want to look up anything sensitive to personal data on your machine."

It's hard to patch a machine when the update mechanism is compromised.
Assuming the worst, that Windows Update has been compromised, it wouldn't be the first time. The Flame malware reportedly developed by the US and Israel to spy on Iran hijacked Windows update so it could spread from one PC to another inside infected local networks. Earlier this year, researchers demonstrated an attack on the Windows Update servers used by large organizations to patch large fleets of computers they operate.

TmEE
VIP

2015-10-01 17:17 »

Guess what ? I think the machine I was given today for fixups is having that stuff on it. The problems seem to be similar to what others have experienced. But first I need sleep :crazy:

!
30%

2015-10-02 07:37 »

What the hell... I wonder if you can isolate the patch and upload it? I'm sooo lucky that I was smart enough to KILL ALL WINDOWS UPDATE AND SPYWARE stuff in it! *lol* ...I sleep well at night knowing that when I wake up, my PC hasn't been bricked by Microsoft! :lol: :mrgreen: NOTHING gets installed or goes out of MY machine unless I SPECIFICALLY allow it. No one should have the right to do that but myself, especially not those sons of bitches at Microsoft! :sick:

Steven W
VIP

2015-10-07 03:43 »

I've been kinda keeping an eye on this since you brought it up. I still don't see any indication of Microsoft offering a good explanation for this.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/298812 ... lmmax.html

Zack Whittaker at ZDNet and Dan Goodin at Ars Technica report that Microsoft has contacted them and said that Microsoft had “incorrectly published a test update.” I’ve seen no other reports, official, claiming to be official, or otherwise.

Okay, what's the test update's purpose? Why did it contain ".gov" and ".mil" addresses even if they are broken? One should point out that just because there's no webpage at the addresses or replies to pings, et cetra, doesn't mean nothing's there. Given the spate of botched patches and updates, how did this get past the people who should be checking this shit? At best, this points to more MS incompetence. At worst, well, I'll try not to let my imagination run wild...

!
30%

2015-10-07 10:24 »

There is only one thing I know... whatever a corporation tell you, it is 100% lie. :sick:

!
30%

2015-10-07 10:37 »

Ps... :mrgreen:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif (825.63 KiB) Viewed 6377 times

!
30%

2015-10-07 10:50 »

That text could be changed into "Instead of manually downloading and installing updates, Microsoft now do them for me. How convenient is that?". :lol:

1186203_701478743213690_1507498984_n.jpg
1186203_701478743213690_1507498984_n.jpg (112.11 KiB) Viewed 6376 times

!
30%

2015-12-10 20:25 »

Microsoft Will Resume Pushing Windows 10 To Machines With Win7, 8.1.

After previously apologizing on October 16th for forcing Windows 10 on some users of Windows 7 and 8.1 via the Windows Update mechanism, Microsoft disabled the default update option for Windows 10, so that users eligible for the new OS would have to opt in manually. Gregg Keizer at ComputerWorld reports today that Microsoft will soon switch the default option back to "on" again, possibly as early as tomorrow's "Patch Tuesday" update. Users who do not want Windows 10 are strongly advised to turn off automatic updating to avoid accidentally installing the OS.

The fuckers even try to sneak Windows 10 into a server!!! When I updated our server today, there was one weird one about upgrading scenarios or some shit about Windows 10 in it. ...and of course, after the update and two restarts, it left around 700MB junk that has to be cleaned from the disk manually. :sick:

At this point, Windows 10 is really a new class of virus. :problem: