Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2015-12-15 07:02 »

Stay the fuck away from contabo.com and transip.eu!

I tried them all.

Rackspace.com, OH MY GOD. It is the 1980s or some shit. I created an account and they emailed me "We will call you." WHAT? Took me 1 hour of support chat, NO ONE CALLED. Then I go into the account to create a VPS, of course, the prices was NOT EVEN CLOSE to what the sales guy had told me. Gave them my credit card information. I'll have to kill it at bank.

Contabo.com, OH MY GOD. It's like a monster out of the 1990s. 14 days money back, MY ASS. Took me MANY emails back and forward to abort a VPS subscription and they didn't give the money back even though I stopped it THE SAME DAY WITHOUT USING IT. I had to open a dispute ticket with PayPal. No cash back yet, however. We'll see how it goes.

Transip.eu, OH MY GOD. They have excellent prices and products... BUT... good luck getting support. Not regular technical support, oh no no no... they flagged my account as "suspicious" for "some" reason. They did NOT tell me even why? They asked for a photo id even though they had my phone number and IP address! Not even that, I have a PayPal VERIFIED BUSINESS ACCOUNT. Not even a usual PayPal so it's a really good account. So I give them a photo id, good enough you would think? No no no, they asked for yet another, high resolution picture!!! WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCK OF ALL FUCKS? Almost like they want to be able to duplicate my id for scam! I offered them also some blood and DNA sample if they need it. *lol* Lots of back and forward and finally they agreed to close and delete my account and all the information. They said they will pay back the money but I filed a dispute with PayPal nevertheless. After all, the support guy never gave ME his own high resolution photo id, how do I know he is who he claims to be? *lol* :roll:

I HOPE THEY ROT IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY FOR WASTING 2 DAYS OF MY LIFE AND GIVING ME SO MUCH AGONY AND PAIN.
:sick: :sick: :sick:

Again, NEVER EVER put your trust in only one hosting company AND on top of that, never ever go without at least two backup plans in case the hosting company goes fuck all on you. :idea: It is expensive love, however. :mrgreen:

tumblr_lzi611Miwn1qc63bao1_500.jpg
tumblr_lzi611Miwn1qc63bao1_500.jpg (60.96 KiB) Viewed 10273 times

!
30%

2015-12-15 07:03 »

I'm sure the list of bad hosting companies are super long. Trying out two more right now, sharkservers.rs and plutoserver.com. sharkservers.rs seems very slow, like, they don't have automated VPS creation it seems. Looks pretty crappy but meh. Plutoserver.com seems a little interesting, good price and their own Web site is super fast. I have opened two support tickets with them to see how they respond etc. Will probably try them too. :ugeek:

!
30%

2015-12-16 19:52 »

Turns out, I was wrong about sharkservers.rs (sharkservers.co.uk)... but let me first tell you about plutoserver.com. They are "OK" but connecting to the VPS console needed a weird VNC plugin :lol: Not good! I'm not going to install a plugin just to reach my server. Fuck off. I never tried the VPS though but they seemed not too bad but I dislike too much manual bullshit if the price is high. They didn't offer downgrading of a package either so if you upgrade, you can't downgrade (wtf?) and hm, yeah, no big storage addon either, not good. They did have snapshots, which is good, however. Closing the account and refunding took less than maybe 10 minutes though, very nice and fast. If you want to try them, it was smooth all around and because of the smooth refund, you don't need to hesitate to try them. Oh, and the account information part, I deliberately didn't fill out anything, no address nothing (just filled crap) and it was no problem so that part is also good. They are not flexible, however, which is ultimately why I closed the account there. For example when asked for big storage, it was just a blank "No" and nothing more. ...but hey, that's just me. :ugeek:

...anyway, back to sharkservers.rs (sharkservers.co.uk), frankly, I didn't expect much at first from them. Granted, the VPS creation isn't automated (I think) and their VPS console isn't working (they are working on it as I write this) and I can't take snapshots myself from the account (yet?), I still am a customer there and will keep trying them for a while. Why you ask? Well, I tell you why. The support is really good and they are very helpful. That is VERY important. They are reachable and about account information, same there, I deliberately didn't fill out much information because hell, WHEN YOU BUY MILK YOU DON'T GIVE THE STORE YOUR HOME ADDRESS AND PHOTO ID DO YOU? HEHE... so no problem there. I will of course fill out my information soon enough, it's not like I'm hiding. *lol* :lol: :mrgreen:

They use VMware (I'm not too crazy about that part) because VMware installs "VMware Tools" inside your VPS machine (which I personally dislike) but I can live with that part I guess. For example, I just uninstalled that fucking thing and the server just died. Can't reach it now so I will have to wait for them to fix the console issue.

Their prices are pretty good. Not too expensive but also not too low I guess.

...anyway, they don't currently have big storage addon but when I asked about it from their support, VERY helpful response! I couldn't believe it! They told me they will check into it and get back with a price quote. OH MY GOD? First of all these hosting companies which actually did something like that! A big star, right there! Same with the VPS console not working, very helpful support and they are on top of it to fix it. The same with the ability to take snapshots from my account, they will work on it but very helpful that they are, they told me they can take snapshots for me for now when I need it. REALLY, THEY ACTUALLY SAID THAT. I haven't seen even ONE company doing that!

So what's the big deal? They don't seem to be super cheap and seem to have a few issues to fix, why even use them?

Well, it's a big deal. It shows that sharkservers.rs (sharkservers.co.uk) is very flexible, it shows that even though they are aware of their shortcomings, they are willing to fix things, WHICH IS EXTREMELY GOOD. They care and give two fucks, that is very rare these days. Therefore, I will go slow in the first month, let them iron out the issues and fix the bugs and such. They absolutely deserve it and have earned that respect from me.

In short, I'm so far happy with sharkservers.rs (sharkservers.co.uk) and will be using them for our disaster recovery server. :thumbup:

Update (1) for sharkservers.rs (sharkservers.co.uk):
UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE. They just fixed my VPS in a way so I won't have a need for the "VMware Tools". I have tried SO MANY hosting companies (Maybe above 50) so believe me when I say that these guys are REALLY good and they care about their customers. Amazing! :clap: :thumbup:

!
30%

2015-12-16 19:59 »

By the way, you all know me, I'm a straight shooter so, no, we do not get a dime nor discount nor anything else from them for my positive review. We pay them for their services just like all of their other customers. Nothing shady. :smile:

!
30%

2015-12-18 08:12 »

Oh God, I bought a VPS from cheapwindowsvps.com but I didn't see it was not the "R2" version of "Windows Server 2012"... :lol: ...so I'm asking for a refund, the support guy says " We have R2 version in CWVPS - Windows Server 2008 R2 v2, Shall I reload your VPS with CWVPS - Windows Server 2008 R2 v2?" :sick: ...so the idiot doesn't get it. If I don't even want the "regular" 2012 which I find old, why the FUCK would I want to use the "2008 R2" which is SUPER OLD? :sick: :sick: :sick: ...asking for a refund now. Opened up a dispute in PayPal just in case but it should be good, their terms say "In the event that you are not satisfied with our services, Cheap Windows VPS offers you a 72 hour Refund Guarantee for VPS Hosting services.". :mrgreen: ...I think their support is outsourced to India. Hell, I don't know which company is where anywhere. I have seen SO MANY companies now offering VPS, it isn't even funny! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? :eh: :problem:

!
30%

2015-12-18 08:13 »

Forgot to write, the second server is still at "sharkservers.rs (sharkservers.co.uk)", this is for a third server. *lol* (YEAH, I'M IN SANE) :mrgreen:

!
30%

2015-12-18 20:53 »

Update (2) for sharkservers.rs (sharkservers.co.uk):

They have stopped billing me for now because I can't really use the VPS yet due to some small issues they are working to fix. I didn't even ask for it. They are really good. I will do a proper review of them (which they deserve) later when everything is rolling smoothly. I will start a new thread for it, I don't want the good review to get stuck with the bad ones in here. :grin:

!
30%

2015-12-19 08:13 »

Stay the FUCK away from "ChigacoVPS". Almost a good thing they marked me as fraud so I wouldn't have to do a refund process as well! Read this (from below to top, the conversation is reversed), they DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND my questions it seems. It's so fucked up!!! They answer like motherfucking zombies! HOW THE FUCK DO THEY EVEN STAY IN BUSINESS? :sick: :sick: :sick:

Imagine you have a business Web site and you go to them hosting it for you. Bwhahahhahahahahahahhaa... :shh:

"Support Guru" IN A PIG'S EYE!

Pigs eye.png
Pigs eye.png (109.99 KiB) Viewed 10247 times

chicagovps.png
chicagovps.png (153 KiB) Viewed 10247 times

!
30%

2015-12-20 04:28 »

Tried "winity.io". Expensive love, only 1 core. *lol* and NO console access at all! Hahahaha... but they stopped the subscription and refunded very fast, no issues, no fuck ups so it was a good experience after all. Doesn't fit me, however. No HTML5 console, no game! :mrgreen:

!
30%

2015-12-20 04:40 »

I'm THIS CLOSE to starting my own VPS hosting company! *lol* THERE ARE SO MANY CHARLATANS AND SWINDLERS OUT THERE, IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY! :sick: :sick: :sick: