Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2015-12-30 14:57 »

Here is a new mysterious FireFox "bug", version 43.0.3. Anyone else can confirm this? I tried with a fresh profile and there is definitely something weird going on. If you don't allow FireFox to set cookies both first and third party cookies, even if you are not using a cookie manager addon, it will NOT remember that tab at restart or if you close and want to undo and reopen that tab!!!

I wonder if it is a real bug or a "bug" where they want to force you to actually accept cookies? I know it seems off but with all the crazy shit they have been pulling lately, I don't trust them much. :sick:

For now, I use the "Most visited" bookmark in the "bookmarks toolbar" to keep track of my closed tabs.

firefox cookies.PNG
firefox cookies.PNG (14.62 KiB) Viewed 9305 times

!
30%

2016-01-27 03:13 »

Sons of a bitches haven't fixed that "bug" yet, release 44 now. Took me several hours again to "fix" all the MOTHERFUCKING CHANGES they forced on the user interface again. Why the FUCK do they hide the drop down arrow in location bar?

FUCKING BASTARDS! WASTED SEVERAL HOURS OF MY LIFE!

WHY ALL THE MOTHERFUCKING CHANGES?

DO NOT FUCKING TOUCH MY SHIT! GOD DAMN IDIOTS!!!

EVERY GOD DAMN TIME I UPDATE THIS FUCKING PIECE OF JUNK, MY HANDS SHAKE AND MY BLOOD BOILS! BOTH FIREFOX AND WINDOWS! WHO THE FUCK KNOWS WHAT ELSE THEY ARE ABOUT TO CHANGE REMOVE ADD OR FUCK UP ON EACH "UPDATE". TO HELL WITH THEM!!!

THEY ARE SICK FILTHY LOWER THAN SEWER SHIT, THE "DEVELOPERS" AT MOZILLA, THE "DEVELOPERS" AT MICROSOFT. ALL OF THEM BASTARDS! I HOPE THEY ALL BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY! YES, FOR ETERNITY!

:sick: :evil: :sick: :evil: :sick:

TmEE
VIP

2016-01-27 03:59 »

Pale moon pale moon pale moon ~

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2016-01-27 10:33 »

TmEE wrote:Pale moon pale moon pale moon ~

This is what I'm using on my Slackware Distro. It was just updated to 26.0.0. I also use it on WinXP.

!
30%

2016-01-27 15:57 »

I'm very close to switching. I rather keep things as "original" as possible but OH MY GOD, MOZILLA IS MAKING IT REALLY HARD FOR ME NOT TO SWITCH! I'm only a few steps from switching. Sick of everytime they update this thing, they also rearrange and redesign my private shit. MOTHERFUCKERS.

What I am afraid of is the security updates. Does Pale Moon get all the security updates from Mozilla's main branch? :think:

!
30%

2016-01-27 16:08 »

Pale Moon is now building on the new Goanna engine instead of Gecko.

https://moonchildproductions.info/goanna.shtml ...nice!

TmEE
VIP

2016-01-28 04:05 »

I am keeping my eye on Vivaldi. They're working on something similar to the old Opera, it is really rough on the edges though for now and performance is pretty bad...

MasterOne

2016-02-03 12:13 »

I wouldn't switch to Pale Moon; the binaries are closed source. At least with Firefox you have the reassurance that the source is open and is being inspected by many people inside and outside of Mozilla. However, if you're relying on Windows for your operating system it doesn't really matter as your OS has a built-in backdoor. There's a reason why cryptographic libraries and algorithms are open source; it's so the code is open for inspection by anybody who wishes to see if it's up to snuff.

To Mozilla's credit, they did (as of just recently) remove the shitty suggested ad tiles that were displayed when opening up a new tab. I always went into about:config and turned it off, but it was still one more step I had to do when setting up a new system. I think Mozilla is heading in a better direction than they were a year ago but as their market share dwindles lower and lower each year, it's entirely possible that a fork will come along and Mozilla will shut their doors. Who knows what the future holds.

TmEE
VIP

2016-02-03 13:38 »

You can always compile the stuff yourself.

The being able to inspect stuff to find problems is kind of a weak argument, there's very few programmers who are willing to spend weeks or months of their lives to study such huge programs to a point where they get enough understanding how something works and to improve them or actually locate faults and fix them. Even a small program (only few thousands of lines of code) is very difficult to tackle like that...