Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Nobody

2014-03-17 13:09 »

The educated part of the population in the rest of the world knows what exactly is going on in the old U.S. of A. I think the more important issue is if the U.S. citizens know what really is going on in their own country and outside of it, on behalf of them. :lol:

http://www.republicbroadcasting.org

http://www.revereradionetwork.com

http://www.caravantomidnight.com

!
30%

2014-03-17 13:20 »

Dunno man, right now, they are talking about how Michael Jackson isn't dead or a cloned alien or cloned in cahoots with aliens or something... I think I just blew my mind. ::clap::

Steven W
VIP

2014-03-17 20:28 »

Michael Jackson, Tupac and Elvis spotted in suburban shopping mall. Michelle Obama has a new dress. All this and more after our bleached-blonde anchorwoman sports poms poms and tells you that we're a serious news agency. Later more stories sponsored by foreign governments.

Most Americans, unfortunately get their "news" from cable news networks.

Steven W
VIP

2014-03-21 02:43 »

Is the US backing neo-Nazis in Ukraine?:

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/25/is_the_ ... e_partner/

Svoboda's openly pro-Nazi politics have not deterred Senator John McCain from addressing a EuroMaidan rally alongside Tyahnybok, nor did it prevent Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland from enjoying a friendly meeting with the Svoboda leader this February. Eager to fend off accusations of anti-Semitism, the Svoboda leader recently hosted the Israeli Ambassador to Ukraine. "I would like to ask Israelis to also respect our patriotic feelings," Tyahnybok has remarked. "Probably each party in the [Israeli] Knesset is nationalist. With God's help, let it be this way for us too."

I, user.

2014-03-21 07:06 »

It seems that some big shit is hitting the fan over there.

Czech Republic ready to repatriate ethnic Czech families from Ukraine.

More than 40 ethnic Czech families living in Ukraine have asked the Czech government for repatriation "home" as they fear an uncertain future in the crisis-torn country.

Holec estimates that upto 20,000 Czechs live in Ukraine's Volyn region.

Ethnic Czechs settled in the Volyn area in the second half of the 19th century. Some of them returned to the Czech Republic after WWII. Most often they settled in the areas of the Sudetenland, the land formerly inhabited by ethnic Germans, who were expelled after the war. Others returned following the fall of communism in Czechoslovakia after 1989.

According to Holec, in recent times a number of crimes have significantly increased in Ukraine and anyone can easily become a target of attack. However, he claimed, long before the conflict with Russia, Ukraine was not a safe place.

"When we arrived three years ago in the Czech Malin (a city in Zhytomyr region) [.] suddenly the police arrived and said that supporters of Bandera were preparing to take action. We just had to go away and our buses were accompanied by armored police cars," Holec wrote, as cited by the Idnez newspaper.

He recounts that after the Czech people first left the Volyn region, "Ukrainians liquidated everything that was Czech, including cemeteries."

"When we arrived eight years ago in our native village in the Black Forest (Volyn region), there stood our house and our mill. Last year we found neither our house and nor the mill. They were gutted," said Holec.

The leader of the Volyn Czechs in Ukraine's Zhytomyr region, Emma Snidevicova, has echoed Holec's alarming story, telling a group of Czech MPs that:

"The situation in Ukraine is that we are afraid for our lives, families and children. The situation is getting worse every day and pushes us to ask the Czech people to take us back home," Snidevicova said.

Worried by the letter and details revealed by Holec, the Interior Ministry said: "At this point, we are ready to grant Czech compatriots permanent residence in the Czech Republic."

czech-republic-repatriate-ukraine.si.jpg
czech-republic-repatriate-ukraine.si.jpg (59.48 KiB) Viewed 6484 times

Scorpius

2014-03-21 07:11 »

Any kind of war is bad. When will mankind stop killing each other? Sadly, probably never.

2008_ossetia_destruction.jpg
2008_ossetia_destruction.jpg (122.66 KiB) Viewed 6483 times

TmEE
VIP

2014-03-21 13:51 »

Russia is about 250km from me, when shit gets serious I don't want to think about the future... Russia has made comments about regaining all "lost" territories several times over the years.

Steven W
VIP

2014-03-22 15:15 »

Ironically, the man with the ponytail is the deputy-head of Ukraine's committee on freedom of speech.

!
30%

2014-03-25 13:32 »

This makes sense. Why rely on 3rd party? Even for a business, one should rely on itself as much as possible.

Russia gets ready for life without Visa and MasterCard.

Legislation has already been introduced in Russia's parliament that would ban the use of payment systems based outside of the country. "The fact that our banks use infrastructure that they cannot control carries a real threat for national security," lawmaker Vladislav Reznik said in introducing the measure on March 21.

2014-04-14 16:21 »

putin-vs-obama-2.jpg
putin-vs-obama-2.jpg (24.2 KiB) Viewed 6456 times