Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2014-03-26 03:14 »

http://www.zdnet.com/linux-mintbox-2-se ... 000027624/

Inside the MintBox is an Intel Core i5 processor running at 1.8GHz, and 4GB of DDR3 RAM. Graphics are served by an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU.

There are six USB 2.0, two USB 3.0, one serial and two gigabit Ethernet ports. Additional storage can be attached to via an mSATA socket or two 2 SATA ports. Support for b/g/n wi-fi and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connections is also built-in.

The machine is currently available for €599 through amazon.de, and is expected to be listed on Amazon UK in the near future.

Steven W
VIP

2014-03-26 03:16 »

The question mark in the previous comment was supposed to be a Euro symbol, lack of Unicode I guess. I think that's a bit expensive for no more than what it is.

MasterOne

2014-03-26 06:41 »

This is the future of desktop computing. I think these small form factor cases are so cool; I can't wait to get one. I don't really like Mint (it's nothing special), and I think Ubuntu is mostly crap. Mir is stupid when everyone else is moving to Wayland, and I don't like Unity at all, or any Gnome 3.x Shell. Gnome 3 is just about as bad as Windows 8.x. However, Ubuntu runs quite a few servers and has LTS versions, so it deserves a smidgen of credit. Ubuntu also contains spy features.

!
30%

2014-03-26 10:51 »

The future is already here. My "phone" is now a full PC. It just lacks gaming power but it will be there, eventually. :D

Off topic, that video, "color filter" + "massive camera jitter/shake" + "blur". I never watch such videos and close them rapidly because they are brainwashing. They mess with your mind on purpose. Be wary of them.

Just as what they do to movies or http://www.paranormalstories.com/index. ... %20madness. Creepy stuff.

MasterOne

2014-03-26 11:42 »

Non Hic wrote:The future is already here. My "phone" is now a full PC. It just lacks gaming power but it will be there, eventually. :D

True, but I think the gap in performance will always be there, meaning that for certain people's requirements, a larger form factor than a phone would be necessary. For most people, the phone could definitely become a device that hooks up to a monitor, keyboard and mouse. Android, not being a desktop OS, would suck as one for power users. Not to worry, though, because Windows RT is gaining major traction and makes an excellent OS and looks beautiful on big monitors. The larger the monitor, the better RT looks. :lol: My usage of computers is different from 99% of the people out there, so I am always going to need the maximum amount of power possible.

Non Hic wrote:Off topic, that video, "color filter" + "massive camera jitter/shake" + "blur". I never watch such videos and close them rapidly because they are brainwashing. They mess with your mind on purpose. Be wary of them.

I don't like it either, but I think you're over thinking it, as it's a low quality YouTube video production probably filmed with a non-broadcast quality camera. :) You can search for the Intel NUC and find plenty more. It's just that this one had some people from Intel talking about it.

!
30%

2014-03-26 12:47 »

I think the low performance is artificial to allow them to sell more devices to people. The more people buy, the merrier will the big corporations be.

No, I'm not "over thinking it". This is a known technique and a deliberate attempt to shake the camera. All of those filters and shakes are add-ons. I'm too lazy to point to it right now because I have put countless hours on this subject already but if you do some research in this subject, you will be... well, pretty scared after a while. That's all I will say about it for now.

``-_-´´

2014-03-26 12:56 »

When you hear rumblings of "!"'s keyboards from 10 feet away, you know he is on to something. We had to take a quick look. :lol:

There is a sinister thread running through all aspects of humans' lives. It is hard to detect and not many are able to see it but once you find it, it will change you forever. The time for change is not yet here for the masses. Slowly, but surely, each and every human will have to make a choice soon.

Be patient "!", dear old friend. Be patient.

baphomet.jpg
baphomet.jpg (41.01 KiB) Viewed 6574 times

!
30%

2014-03-26 12:59 »

Being patient... not my strongest side.

Anyway, back on topic, I have actually underclocked my "phone" CPU to around 800 MHz instead of its default 1.7 GHz. Works perfectly. ::thumbup::

MasterOne

2014-03-26 15:15 »

Non Hic wrote:I think the low performance is artificial to allow them to sell more devices to people. The more people buy, the merrier will the big corporations be.

No, I'm not "over thinking it". This is a known technique and a deliberate attempt to shake the camera. All of those filters and shakes are add-ons. I'm too lazy to point to it right now because I have put countless hours on this subject already but if you do some research in this subject, you will be... well, pretty scared after a while. That's all I will say about it for now.

Maybe you're right. Oh well, it's a shitty video.

Fool's design
3%

2014-03-27 01:44 »

Steven W wrote:The question mark in the previous comment was supposed to be a Euro symbol, lack of Unicode I guess...

Corrected the euro sign for you.

euro.PNG
euro.PNG (12.35 KiB) Viewed 6562 times