Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2014-04-08 12:23 »

Hah! These motherfuckers are sinking and keep widening the hole in their ship! Don't pay attention to the Orwellian title "Expanded sideloading options". The Devil is in the details: You must now pay $100 to deploy your own software in Windows 8.x and most probably Windows 9 and Windows 10 etc.!

Microsoft offers expanded sideloading options for Windows 8.1.

Microsoft is trying to make it easier for businesses who want to release apps for Windows 8.1 outside the Windows Store via sideloading. A few days ago as part of BUILD 2014, the company announced an expansion of the customers in several Volume Licensing programs that will be able to obtain sideloading rights for no additional cost.

In a blog post, Microsoft said that customers who have Enterprise, Enterprise Subscription, Enrollment for Education Solutions, School Enrollment, Select and Select Plus agreements can now get a free sideload app key. Also, as part of the upcoming Windows 8.1 Update, Microsoft will allow for sideloading apps for all Windows 8.1 Pro devices that are joined to an Active Directory domain.

Finally, starting on May 1st, other business customers who want sideloading rights will be able to purchase them for $100, which grants access to an unlimited number of devices. As ZDNet points out, this is much cheaper than the previous plan which charges businesses $30 for sideloading to each device.

A few months ago, a Microsoft team in China uploaded an easier way to sideload Windows 8 apps via the Codeplex site, but that effort was apparently unauthorized as the code was quickly deleted from that page.

So in the past, you could compile your application, send a copy to your customer or your friends or whoever. Not anymore if you are using the "new and better" Windows versions with the new APIs. No no no, now you are no longer allowed to deploy your own software to whoever you want. You MUST ask permission from Microsoft. You MUST pay them. You MUST give 30% of the profit. You MUST bow to them. You MUST open your ass wide open so they can fist fuck you with two hands!

By-a-dick-to-fuck-it-no-longer-makes-sense-so-you-can-only-pizden-Suva-in-better-hands-and-simultaneously-two-fists-1845.jpg
By-a-dick-to-fuck-it-no-longer-makes-sense-so-you-can-only-pizden-Suva-in-better-hands-and-simultaneously-two-fists-1845.jpg (33.69 KiB) Viewed 10221 times

BUT HEY, MICROSOFT! CHECK THIS OUT:

AwYScjJCEAEbYiR.jpg
AwYScjJCEAEbYiR.jpg (23 KiB) Viewed 10221 times

DO YOU KNOW WHY?
BECAUSE I AM NOT YOUR SLAVE!
BECAUSE I NO LONGER WILL DEVELOP FOR YOUR MOTHERFUCKING PRISON CELL CALLED WINDOWS!

Simply put: FUCK YOU! :evil:

In the real world and not in Microsoft's dream land:

Unreal Engine 4 now supports Linux and SteamOS.

Unreal has announced that Unreal Engine 4.1, due to be released in the next couple of weeks, will fully support SteamOS and Linux. Developers can take their games - whether they're indie or triple-AAA titles - flip a switch, and voila: The game is packaged and ready to run on SteamOS and Linux.

steamos-linux-unreal-engine-41-packaging-640x364.jpg
steamos-linux-unreal-engine-41-packaging-640x364.jpg (55.68 KiB) Viewed 10221 times

In case you didn't hear me the first time,

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT
and
FUCK YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM!

TO HELL WITH YOU!

bitch-black-fuck-fuck-you-fun-favim-com-247463_large.jpg
bitch-black-fuck-fuck-you-fun-favim-com-247463_large.jpg (35.49 KiB) Viewed 10221 times

I, user.

2014-04-08 12:50 »

I'm sorry but I just had to do this. :oops: Although, they most likely will delete that post very quickly, as they usually do, so here is a screenshot of it just in case.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Forums/Coffeehouse/You-must-pay-100-to-deploy-your-own-software-in-Windows.

"...customers who want sideloading rights will be able to purchase them for $100, which grants access to an unlimited number of devices." (You must now pay $100 to deploy your own software in Windows 8.x and most probably Windows 9 and Windows 10 etc.!) [I'm one of their visitors and don't agree with everything they post there but they do have excellent commentaries and really valid points if you manage to see past the anger!]

Really?

So this is how Microsoft will end up like I.B.M.? Only in the background on the business side?

Do you really thinkg that developers want to and will give up their freedom to deploy their own software?

I'm unsure if Mr. Satya Nadella really is in charge or just a puppet and I'm not sure if this thread will swiftly be deleted but...

Dear Mr. Satya Nadella,

There are many angry developers out there. They are jumping ship right and left! Is this how you are trying to get them back? REALLY? Your "Yes, sir!"-sayers are keeping you in the dark! (This thread will most likely be deleted very quickly)

Don't listen to the very few yes-sayers around you. Open your eyes and see the big picture out there. Unreal engine will now run on Linux/SteamOS as well.

Do you really think that we want to ask you for permission to deploy a game? I mean really? Except those marginalized yes-sayers, you will lose the vast majority of your developers.

This letter is for Mr. Nadella.

If this thread isn't deleted and censored as it is customary in Channel 9 to delete posts, the future will show if we were right or wrong.

But the magic eight ball says that your ship is sinking.

Ps. I was (am but will not) a developer for Windows environment for years and years... since the 90s! I was a die hard, hardcore Microsoft fan. When persons like me are leaving your ecosystem as a whole, there is no returning. We will be gone for the next 10-20 years. You will not recover without us.

The yes-sayers in here and Neowin might tell you how great things are but the Rome is surely on fire. Just open your window (pun intended) and see.

sadcoder.PNG
sadcoder.PNG (121.26 KiB) Viewed 10214 times

!
30%

2014-04-08 12:52 »

Haha! As if that thread will survive more than 5 minutes in there. LOL! :mrgreen:

Nice one though. ::clap::

I, user.

2014-04-08 13:00 »

You suck! It survived 6 minutes! :P :lol: :P

6 minutes.PNG
6 minutes.PNG (4.12 KiB) Viewed 10210 times

Scorpius

2014-04-08 13:04 »

I will put down $10 that they will delete it in less than 24 hours. :twisted:

Maybe you should woo them with a $10,000 flower delivery.

article-0-1C2E5EE300000578-365_634x610.jpg
article-0-1C2E5EE300000578-365_634x610.jpg (34.3 KiB) Viewed 10209 times

Just like the cheap whores, they probably will love it. ;)

wpid-P1020752-copia-618.jpg
wpid-P1020752-copia-618.jpg (137.49 KiB) Viewed 10208 times

I, user.

2014-04-08 14:28 »

You're on!

56 minutes!!! Come on! Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!

56 minutes.PNG
56 minutes.PNG (3.47 KiB) Viewed 10204 times

!
30%

2014-04-08 14:32 »

Wow, the slave mentality is great in them at Channel 9. As if a "bad guy" can never pay $100. :lol: Give up your freedom to some faceless corporation for pretend security. Haha, hilarious!

slave mentality.PNG
slave mentality.PNG (7.68 KiB) Viewed 10201 times

I, user.

2014-04-08 14:53 »

I have no words. :?

idiots.PNG
idiots.PNG (64.2 KiB) Viewed 10195 times

Steven W
VIP

2014-04-09 03:44 »

Thank you guys for showing me that Microsoft is indeed NOT seeing the light.

• The sorta-kinda commitment to open source.
  • The Windows is free if conditions x,y and z are met.
  • The re-implementation of the Start Menu with tiles added
  • That "pretend security" trend that started in XP continues (although in different [Worse?] form)

Oh well, the investors are such morons that they'll believe this is good. After all, they acknowledged the reality of 2007 by releasing Office for the iPad.

Fool's design
3%

2014-04-09 08:21 »

Steven W wrote:...[list=]...

Corrected your [list=] » :relaxed: