Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2014-04-10 01:21 »

I don't remember how I got to his Web site (Karl Denninger - http://market-ticker.org) but man, is he right or what? Really well said!

Karl Denninger wrote:...He has no duty to apologize. Not only that, his political activity is protected speech under California law and he is entitled to engage in it without being penalized in the workplace for doing so, just as it is equally-protected to lobby for or donate to political causes that advocate for same-sex marriage.

Note: As always, for the record, I don't give a flying fuck if you like boys, girls or pink elephants!

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=228921 - 2014-04-09 10:14 by Karl Denninger wrote:Recently the CEO of Mozilla (the free software folks that produce, among other things, Firefox) was "fired" because, allegedly, he donated money in 2008 to a political campaign to pass Proposition 8.

That proposition would have banned same-sex marriage; it passed but was struck down by a court.

When this came out into the public eye it was met with immediate loud calls for Eich to be forced out. Various left-wing pundits have pontificated that this is really about promoting a "divisive" man to lead the company; witness what Think Progress said:

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/04/07/3423638/mozilla-standard-equality/ wrote:The important distinction lost in the conversations since Eich stepped down is that this was a protest about Mozilla more than it was about Eich. The company violated its commitment to openness and inclusion by promoting Eich to be its figurehead, and Eich himself decided that Mozilla's work could only proceed if he stepped down.

Uh huh.

Here's the problem for the Gay Lobby folks: The very laws that they demanded and got passed to protect gay people from discrimination apply here, and that "resignation", which was quite-clearly coerced, almost-certainly violated California law.

Specifically:

http://www.vtzlawblog.com/2014/04/articles/discrimination/termination-of-mozilla-ceo-likely-violated-california-law/ wrote:§ 1101. Political activities of employees; prohibition of prevention or control by employer

No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:

(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.

(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

§ 1102. Coercion or influence of political activities of employees

No employer shall coerce or influence or attempt to coerce or influence his employees through or by means of threat of discharge or loss of employment to adopt or follow or refrain from adopting or following any particular course or line of political action or political activity.

Well well.

Donating money to a political cause is, of course, fundamental to political activity. Indeed there is little that one can state is more fundamental than the act of voting itself.

But now the so-called "tolerance groups" are doubling down on their claims. From the same article:

Eich's resignation represents the increasingly heightened standard for "equality." For Mozilla's community, 99 percent equality - the company's inclusive policies and Eich's commitment to upholding them - was not enough. He did not apologize for his Prop 8 donation and he refused to say whether he'd give to an anti-gay campaign again in the future.

He has no duty to apologize. Not only that, his political activity is protected speech under California law and he is entitled to engage in it without being penalized in the workplace for doing so, just as it is equally-protected to lobby for or donate to political causes that advocate for same-sex marriage.

That sauce for the goose tastes awful good on the gander.....

``-_-´´

2014-04-10 01:26 »

Non Hic wrote:...Note: As always, for the record, I don't give a flying fuck if you like boys, girls or pink elephants!...

Obviously, you dislike green aliens. We are sure that you purposely omitted them. Damn you intolerant bigot! 8-)

article-1341094-00DCC3F21000044C-514_468x286.jpg
article-1341094-00DCC3F21000044C-514_468x286.jpg (22.08 KiB) Viewed 5864 times

Steven W
VIP

2014-04-10 03:36 »

I need to collect my thoughts for a few, I had considered commenting about this while it was occurring, but Eich resigned before I had the chance.

for the record, I also don't give a flying fuck if you like boys, girls, pink elephants or green aliens :lol:

I'm seeing some craftiness with wording and omissions of detail that are too blatant for me to pass up:

Recently the CEO of Mozilla (the free software folks that produce, among other things, Firefox) was "fired" because, allegedly, he donated money in 2008 to a political campaign to pass Proposition 8.

Note the quotes around the word "fired". Might that be because he resigned?

Here's the problem for the Gay Lobby folks: The very laws that they demanded and got passed to protect gay people from discrimination apply here, and that "resignation", which was quite-clearly coerced, almost-certainly violated California law.

Specifically:

§ 1101. Political activities of employees; prohibition of prevention or control by employer

No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:

(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.

(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

§ 1102. Coercion or influence of political activities of employees

No employer shall coerce or influence or attempt to coerce or influence his employees through or by means of threat of discharge or loss of employment to adopt or follow or refrain from adopting or following any particular course or line of political action or political activity.

No employer shall... Nothing about your fellow employees exercising First Amendment rights?

So the problems for me here are:

There's no evidence that he was "fired".
    While there may have been pressure for him to resign, it most likely didn't come from the Board (A.K.A his employer).
    His fellow employees can talk about whatever they like.

Obviously, anyone can boycott any product they wish for whatever reason the perceive is there.

Steven W
VIP

2014-04-10 03:40 »

I'm going to have to start using Notepad before I post messages:

need --> needed

the perceive... --> they perceive...

!
30%

2014-04-10 13:34 »

Well, sure, he left of his own but this is more of a philosophical discussion he is having.

Technically, he wasn't fired but all of those employees taunting "same right" didn't give the creator of JavaScript his political and speech rights. Also, by "wanting him to leave" "get out of Mozilla" which they kept taunting, they actually were saying that they want to break that law.

Freedom is a hard concept to grasp. It personally took me many years to truely understand the concept of freedom. For example, when you have freedom of speech, it is like being pregnant, I mean, you can't be "somewhat pregnant". You are either pregnant or not. Same with freedom of speech. You either have it or you don't.

If you have it, then anything goes by way of speech.

Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm me.

MasterOne

2014-04-10 13:37 »

We need to re-enable that edit feature. :) Maybe the guy got death threats. I don't really care about this story though, because just like anything else, people are going to forget about it quickly. It's already gone from the headlines. Now, as for my opinion? Your past can always come back to haunt you. Always think twice about any decision that may put your future in jeopardy. He should have donated anonymously unless he felt like not doing so was worth the potential outcome of what now has happened. Some people do things which may not be popular in the public eye, yet they carry them out anyway. I think that's the best way to be, but that's just me. I have no problem with anybody supporting traditional marriage, but Mr. Eich was a lone wolf in a crowd of antagonists that wouldn't stop until he was gone. I actually feel sorry for him.

``-_-´´

2014-04-10 13:54 »

A church is a place of worship and religious doings.
In religious doings, there is a thing called marriage.
In marriage books, marriage is written in black and white that it is between a male and a female.

Leviticus 18:22 wrote:You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman. That is detestable.
(You shall not have sex with a man, like you have with a woman. That is derestable.)

A civil union is something similar to marriage, which is legally recognized.

If you are a homosexual and wish to have a civil union, then go right ahead. No one is forced to do anything in this case.

If you are a homosexual but wish to "physically change the wording of a religious book" by way of force and also force your way into a church to "get married", that is no longer "words". That is action. Direct action. Physical action, may actually break bones. Hence, it stopps being freedom of speech and starts infringing on other (religious) peoples' freedoms.

If you are a homosexual and have a church which ACCEPTS the physical changings of the words of the Bible, then go right ahead. No one is forced to do anything in this case.

If you are not a homosexual and want to prevent those churches which by way of free will accept the physical changings of the words of the Bible, that too, is action. Direct action. Physical action, may actually break bones. Hence, it stopps being freedom of speech and starts infringing on other peoples' freedoms.

Basically, homosexuals must not force themselves into a church which doesn't welcome them but at the same time, heterosexual religious people must also NOT force their ways upon a church which is willing to marry homosexuals.

The problem occurs when one side of the camp or both sides of the camp want to force their ways into the other side of the camp and physically alter the other side. Be it homosexuals or heterosexuals. Neither of them should force anything upong the other side.

We ourselves, feel that having sex with green aliens are much pleasurable. None shall infringe on that! 8-)

alien.gif
alien.gif (204 Bytes) Viewed 5842 times

techtalk.cc
100%

2014-04-10 14:09 »

Steven W wrote:I'm going to have to start using Notepad before I post messages:...

MasterOne wrote:We need to re-enable that edit feature. :)...

Your sessions will not expire whether you are logged in or not. No need to be stressed.

Use the "Preview" button.

When you are writing a post, if you press TAB and then SPACE, it shows the preview instantly for you.

It is also possible to resize the editing window.

No need for an external application.

preview.PNG
preview.PNG (63.15 KiB) Viewed 5839 times

You can continue to discuss this on the correct thread. Unlike other Web sites, the "Rules, terms and conditions ( techtalk.cc )" is not locked and open for replies.

...and if you don't want to discuss it there and want to rant about it right here? No problem! Go right ahead. Speak freely! :relaxed:

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2014-04-10 14:35 »

I told the mother of my child that I was going to get "I'm Straight" t-shirts made. I was going to start an annual Straight Parade. I don't hate gays, but I dislike that they used the civil rights movement as leverage. Yes, I'm black, a nigger, a monkey or whatever society call us these days. Some say gay is a sickness, some say its a choice. I give 2 shits who asshole some guy stick his dick in. There are major problems going on in the world, and them fucks only concern is marriage, which is going to end up in divorce anyway. You can't compare skin color (which is not by choice but forced) to the same degree of a person who make the choice in who they wanna fuck. This is my outrage. Fuck you if you like it, motherfuck you if you don't. Have a nice day! ::clap:: ::clap::

``-_-´´

2014-04-10 14:54 »

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:...Yes, I'm black, a nigger, a monkey or whatever society call us these days...

Worry not. Your day shall come soon because the Creator of all things, the King of kings, the most Holy One, the almighty YHWH (YAHWEH) is also black!

Daniel 7:9 wrote:"I watched until thrones were placed, and one who was ancient of days sat. His clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool. His throne was fiery flames, and its wheels burning fire...

There is only once race in the entire Earth that have hair like wool. That's right, black people! Daniel 7:9 proves that YHWH is black.

yhwh_2_by_hd29-d380ws1.jpg
yhwh_2_by_hd29-d380ws1.jpg (116.6 KiB) Viewed 5832 times