Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
Steven W
VIP

2014-04-10 22:49 »

I believe that this whole thing was over-sensationalized (like so much else) by the media. There's some out there that are taking advantage of that by trying to whip up hysteria.

I'm going to point to a blog that I read a few days ago that mentions a few things that I didn't know:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/c ... -eich.html

Eich himself told VentureBeat that the board had interviewed twenty-five candidates before settling on him; he even wondered aloud why they didn't pick Jay Sullivan, who was the other internal candidate for the position.

...His unquestioned technical ability notwithstanding, this was a candidate who divided the board, who had already been controversial, and whose promotion was guaranteed to generate reams of bad publicity. In that VentureBeat interview, Eich said of the C.E.O. job, "I was asked to put my hat in, and at first I didn't want to." Everyone involved would have been better off if he'd just listened to that impulse.

I doubt he had much of a problem with stepping down. I will say this though, not that I believe it's much of an issue here simply because of who Eich is as a person, there may come a time when someone's "political speech" may run counter to a corporation's "mission". It's interesting to run that through the 'ol brain. As stated in the blog that I pointed to above:

This means that Mozilla depends on the goodwill of its supporters more than most corporations do; it relies on their willingness to donate their services in pursuit of the broader Mozilla project, which is all about keeping the Web transparent and accessible. If it alienates them, Mozilla's entire mission will be at risk.

I, user.

2014-04-11 10:24 »

``-_-´´ wrote:
PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:...Yes, I'm black, a nigger, a monkey or whatever society call us these days...

Worry not. Your day shall come soon because the Creator of all things, the King of kings, the most Holy One, the almighty YHWH (YAHWEH) is also black!

Daniel 7:9 wrote:"I watched until thrones were placed, and one who was ancient of days sat. His clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool. His throne was fiery flames, and its wheels burning fire...

There is only once race in the entire Earth that have hair like wool. That's right, black people! Daniel 7:9 proves that YHWH is black.

Maybe that's why black people are the strongest race on the planet. As far as I can tell, no white people can come close. Just look at the athletes, black athletes are physically made better in many cases.

Anyway, I'm as white as they come. :mrgreen: :P

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2014-04-11 11:03 »

My daughter is half white and I would kill any motherfucker on the face of the earth for her that would bring harm to her, even my mother who gave birth to me. I have no hatred, I just hate bullshit. I live in a real world, not no reality TV show. "Team No Lackin"