Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
MasterOne

2014-04-25 15:59 »

I've been skimming through a few articles as of late about Microsoft now becoming a more cloud-centric company. Since I didn't waste my time reading the full articles (I've been busy, and usually after reading articles I realize I've just wasted my time reading a load of crap), I can't repeat all the bullshit fluff which looked like a lot of abstract ideas about the future. I think it's safe to say that Microsoft is realizing that Windows doesn't have a very bright future. Lots of apps are moving to the web, and Linux, Mac OS, and other OS's can get on the internet and play an .mp3 file. What's so special about Windows aside from it not being very secure and having major weaknesses that allow malware to run rampant? Nothing. Oh wait. There's the shitty ass feudalistic totalitarian Windows store with a known back door in it. I just changed my mind...Windows is fucking awesome. ::clap::

I'm really interested to see how it goes with developers finding a new platform to develop on. The MLM brainwashing meeting (Build 2014) seemed so concocted, scripted, boring, and definitely featured teleprompters. For a few moments here and there, I thought I was watching Obama give a speech. Props to Nutella and his puppeteers for beating earnings expectations, but just remember this: companies can fold quickly, and make a complete 180 in a short period of time. I don't think this will happen with MS, but never say never.

Aside from the above, I am still disgusted at Microsoft over what they did to Windows. it disgusts me how they expect developers to jump on board for the shitty ass Windows store, when developers are some of the most intelligent people around. That's the paradox. How many new languages and platforms are they going to come up with when C++ and C# work just fine? Maybe they can color it green, white, red, pink, and come up with a really stupid name for another language to hype up the store.

Microsoft, you are a fucking stupid company.

MasterOne

2014-04-25 16:16 »

One thing I wanted to add, was the audience at Build 2014 seemed practically asleep. Maybe they were having second thoughts after purchasing their expensive tickets. Microsoft should have paid people to come to that bizarre circus of fluff and boringness.

!
30%

2014-04-25 18:23 »

MasterOne wrote:...Microsoft, you are a fucking stupid company.

+1!