Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
MasterOne

2014-04-25 17:52 »

While Europe has already voted for net neutrality, the United States is in the dark ages with slow internet and rising prices. Every fucking year, my cable company tries raising my rates and I have to call them to argue for an hour to get them to keep the rate the same. They make up all kinds of excuses such as higher retransmission fees that they have to pay, but we all know that is a bunch of lies.

Tom Wheeler is another corporate sellout, and what do you expect when he was appointed by Obama? "Prior to working at the FCC, Wheeler worked as a venture capitalist and lobbyist for the cable and wireless industry" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Wheeler_%28FCC%29

If the Comcast/Time Warner merger goes through, soon we will just have 1 internet provider with no competition. What's stopping them from raising rates, when Tom Wheeler is a complete sellout and is against consumers? Wake the fuck up people, get out of your trance!

!
30%

2014-04-25 18:18 »

FCC is led by a former lobbyist; the lobbyists are led by former FCC leaders..

...The CTIA Wireless Association today announced that Meredith Attwell Baker-a former FCC Commissioner and former Comcast employee-will become its president and CEO on June 2, replacing Steve Largent, a former member of Congress (and former NFL player).

Largent himself became the cellular lobby's leader when he replaced Tom Wheeler-who is now the chairman of the FCC. Wheeler is also the former president and CEO of the NCTA (National Cable & Telecommunications Association), which. wait for it. is now led by former FCC Chairman Michael Powell.

Baker, the new CTIA CEO, was also an employee of the CTIA before her stint as an FCC commissioner. She was a director of congressional affairs at CTIA from 1998 to 2000, and she started working for the government in 2004 when she joined the Department of Commerce. She was appointed to the FCC in 2009, voted in favor of Comcast's purchase of NBCUniversal in January 2011, and then left the government to become senior vice president of government affairs for Comcast-NBCUniversal in May 2011.

Wheeler, who became chairman last year, was president and CEO of the CTIA from 1992 to 2004 and president and CEO of the NCTA from 1979 to 1984. Along the way, he also worked as a venture capitalist; started companies that offer cable, wireless, and video communications services; and wrote a book on President Lincoln's use of the telegraph during the Civil War.

The revolving door is open to both Democrats and Republicans. While Baker and Powell are Republicans, Wheeler is a Democrat...

fcc-round-robin.jpg
fcc-round-robin.jpg (68.49 KiB) Viewed 3487 times

Steven W
VIP

2014-04-27 17:47 »

This is exactly how many U.S "governmental agencies" are ran. Take a look at the FDA. When I say that corporations have way to much influence here, it's not at all a lie.

Steven W
VIP

2014-04-27 18:12 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_R._Taylor

...since he is a lawyer who has spent the last few decades moving between Monsanto and the FDA and USDA

Think about this:

When it comes to food safety regarding GMOs the FDA says that they are "substantially equivalent" to their non-GMO counterparts. Well, if they are "substantially equivalent" to their non-GMO counterparts, how the hell do biotechs get a patent on them? These "problems" had to be overcome somehow. You're not eating or growing food, you're eating/growing patented technology. Don't worry those of you in the E.U it's not as though your countries usually fall in line with U.S policies or anything. :lol:

I don't mean to be hijacking this thread, but like MasterOne says, wake the fuck up people!