Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-04-11 13:01 »

Just saw this one from a link at NeoWin ...

Site is http://www.bonkersworld.net/organizational-charts/

2011.06.27_organizational_charts.png
2011.06.27_organizational_charts.png (313.04 KiB) Viewed 6325 times

P.S. how do you upload the image again? I think you might want to save this in case it disappears!

Fool's design
3%

2013-04-12 00:48 »

CharlotteTheHarlot wrote:...P.S. how do you upload the image again? I think you might want to save this in case it disappears!

Just below the buttons where you have "Save draft", "Preview" and "Submit". There is an "Upload attachment" button.

See screenshot here:

upload.png
upload.png (31.7 KiB) Viewed 6324 times

You can use the "Place inline" button to put the picture in the middle of your post and it is also possible to add a comment to it as well. :idea:

(By the way, that chart is now attached and uploaded into your post for you so it won't disappear.)
:)

!
30%

2013-04-12 00:56 »

CharlotteTheHarlot wrote:...Site is http://www.bonkersworld.net/organizational-charts/...

Hahahhaha LOL... so true!

CharlotteTheHarlot

2013-04-12 02:09 »

I think I tried "Upload Attachment". I found the dialog looking at the path ...

C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAME...etc

... USERNAME is a privacy no-no.

Does it have a server-to-server transfer or just from local PC?

I guess I can first download them to %Temp% and then upload.

Fool's design
3%

2013-04-12 10:43 »

There is no need to put them in a temp folder first. No user name or path is sent to our server at all actually. Only the file name and its contents will be sent to the server. The server will never see the full path. There is a security feature in all browsers that prevents server from knowing user file's local full path.
:D

!
30%

2013-08-23 17:06 »

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer to retire.

"Some investors have fantasized about this event and we've often heard 'the stock would be up 10% if Ballmer retires,'"

MSFT is up +6.92% as I write this. :lol:

One corporate fool less, let's see if another fool will replace him.

MW-BE726_build__20130626175824_MG.jpg
MW-BE726_build__20130626175824_MG.jpg (43.72 KiB) Viewed 6198 times

!
30%

2013-09-20 19:15 »

Ballmer bids farewell to Wall Street, regrets missing mobile phone opportunity.

As he's done every year since taking over for Bill Gates as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Microsoft back in 2000, Steve Ballmer met with investors and analysts for an annual meeting. Having announced his impending retirement last month, this would be the last of those meetings he would conduct, offering a rare opportunity to offer up candid insight and reflect a little bit on his career.

Ballmer took advantage of the opportunity and shared the one thing he'd like to have a second shot at, if you he could do it all over again.

"If there's one thing I regret, there was a period in the early 2000s when we were so focused on what we had to do around Windows that we weren't able to redeploy talent to the new device form factor called the phone," Ballmer said.

Steve_Ballmer.jpg
Steve_Ballmer.jpg (34.3 KiB) Viewed 5944 times
Microsoft's failure to recognize early on the transition to mobile hurt the company and put it in a position today of playing catch-up with the competition, namely Apple (iOS) and Google (Android). The misstep also ultimately led to a major reorganization within Microsoft, one which puts the Redmond company in position to focus on mobile products and unified services

Though Microsoft has fallen behind in mobile, Ballmer is optimistic of the "economic upside" that exists.

"In the long run, we are almost uniquely poised to seize the opportunity," Ballmer said during the meeting. "Today I'm speaking as an investor. You all own Microsoft stock, cheer for it, for God's sake!"

!
30%

2013-09-25 18:56 »

Microsoft is trying to keep its top execs with bonuses of up to 150 percent in stock bonuses to certain executives, in part to preserve the "continuity of key leaders" as it looks for a new CEO..

Ah yeah, that's the spirit, keep those fools who are ruining Microsoft from leaving it. *lol* :lol: ::thumbdown::

1_screen_shot_2013-08-23_at_14.19.55.jpg
1_screen_shot_2013-08-23_at_14.19.55.jpg (49.41 KiB) Viewed 5931 times

!
30%

2013-09-25 19:09 »

Nokia asked Stephen Elop to reduce his bonus but he refused.

The upcoming sale of Nokia's Devices and Services division to Microsoft resulted in Stephen Elop resigning as Nokia's CEO. A few days later, it was revealed that Elop would be getting a severance package from Nokia that will be worth $25.5 million when the deal with Microsoft is closed in the first quarter of 2014.

That large amount of money, which in some circles is called a "golden parachute" has since generated a ton of negative press for Nokia in their home country of Finland. Matters got even worse when it was revealed this week that Elop's severance contract was very different than what other former Nokia CEOs have received in the past, despite what the company's chairman Risto Siilasmaa told the press last week. Elop will return to Microsoft, where he led Office development prior to being named Nokia's chief executive, when the deal completes.

Now a new report from Finland's Helsingin Sanomat claims, via unnamed sources, that Nokia's board has been urging Elop to accept a smaller amount for his severance package in an effort to stop the growing amount of hate towards the company. The report claims that Elop has refused that request. Apparently, Elop is getting a divorce from his current wife and he has told Nokia's board his wife would not accept a reduced payout.

This new wrinkle in the Nokia-Microsoft deal shows that the sale of Nokia's smartphone division has hit its home country hard. It's been a matter of national pride in Finland that Nokia was once the leader in mobile phone sales and technology and with that part of the business now being bought by Microsoft, there's been a sense of betrayal felt by many Finland citizens toward Nokia in general, and Elop in particular.

stephen-elop1.jpg
stephen-elop1.jpg (24.12 KiB) Viewed 5930 times

!
30%

2013-10-10 17:45 »

Non Hic wrote:You know, many (not all) IT-administrators are complete fools. Total control freaks...

So, speaking of that... fiddling with a Windows Server used as an SQL-server, I had to copy some files to and from its C: drive so I went ahead and marked the system folders, you know "Program files, Windows etc." as "Hidden". Only the top folders and not the subfolders. I do this in order to prevent mistakes as I do drag and drop on files and folders, I don't want to make any accidental clicks resulting into moving system files in wrong places.

Meanwhile, this moron administrator tried to unhide the folders but also checked "All subfolders and files" LOL! So he got a shit load of access denied messages and paniced.

Lo and behold this moron administrator guy emails my boss and ceo of where I work and yelling that I have ruined the entire server and he considers the server "broke". Now he has to reinstall THE ENTIRE SERVER!

The bosses of course, being corporate fools as well have no understanding of this issue. There is no way to make them understand that you can "unhide" the folders and that this administrator guy being incompetent in his work, couldn't do it right and now he is bitching on me.

All hell is breaking loose now and reinstalling this server will set me back a couple of days.

Of course, they are all angry at me!!! Although officially, I did apologize "Sorry, I will double check even minor stuff with the administrator", this administrator guy is FULL OF SHIT and he should be fired on the spot. That is unlikely to happen, however.

Right now, I'm this close to quitting my job. Working for a fairly large corporation is not fun. Don't ever do it kids! I always took my own advice and never worked for big corporations but this place where I work, they didn't use to be this big. Over the years they grew and grew and I didn't realize that I now work for a big corporation. Like frog in boiling water, slowly, I got cooked. :(