Shoot the breeze, anything goes.
!
30%

2014-04-25 18:09 »

The taunting has begun! Be prepared to no longer be able to buy Windows but worry not, the "Metro" section will be free of charge.

The inevitable arrival of subscription-based Windows.

Both WZor and Foley have also been told that the range of Windows SKUs will change for Windows 9, though the two have heard different things. WZor claims that Windows 9 could have some form of subscription system, with the base operating system being free but certain features costing extra. Foley suggests that there will be a version of Windows that doesn't include the desktop-available for free-and another SKU or SKUs that will have the desktop for a fee.

Imagine that! A rent only operating system. Miss a payment and you are locked out of your own personal computer. Hell, they could just shut your computer down if Microsoft gets displeased about something you did! Maybe something you said on a forum? Maybe they don't like your business model?

As I have always said, never ever let yourself be locked inside something like this, never ever used too specialized functions of an operating system or a programming language because they will put your inside a nice little prison which you can't escape from with ease. The second they bring this out, I'll be moving to Linux.

Only I and I alone must have administrative rights on my hardware. They can fuck off if they think I will be renting their motherfucking operating system!

It's almost like someone from within Microsoft (well, and outside) want to see them destroyed. Windows 8.x was not bad enough and now shit like this start to emerge. :lol:

520523_tyurma_kamera_nary_1920x1200_(www.GdeFon.ru).jpg
520523_tyurma_kamera_nary_1920x1200_(www.GdeFon.ru).jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 7137 times

Makes this song almost prophetic! Imagine no possessions...

!
30%

2014-04-30 12:36 »

FireFox 29 "Sign in to Sync".

All your data are belong to us. Just like prison, forcing it down everyone's throats!
:evil:

FireFox29 prison.png
FireFox29 prison.png (82.56 KiB) Viewed 7130 times

006.jpg
006.jpg (53.06 KiB) Viewed 7130 times

!
30%

2014-05-12 13:45 »

So committed to our privacy that the first thing they want to do is to take your private bookmarks and put it right on their servers!

How wonderfully Orwellian!

Orwellian.PNG
Orwellian.PNG (332.43 KiB) Viewed 7104 times

MasterOne

2014-05-13 00:12 »

A few months ago Darren posted about some experiments we wanted to do with the new tab page. It didn't go over well.

Of course it didn't go over well. FOSS is supposed to be what the users want the software to be, not what a company wants the software to be. The fact that Mozilla has publicly came out saying "it didn't go over well", just shows that they are another untrustworthy and greedy company hiding behind the benevolent front of an open source project. Do not be fooled. It's unfortunate that so many people cannot think for themselves and have to be told what things mean and why things are happening, but fortunately in this case enough people whose brains are functioning correctly actually responded and said "no".

A lot of our community found the language hard to decipher, and worried that we were going to turn Firefox into a mess of logos sold to the highest bidder; without user control, without user benefit.

Of course they found it hard to decipher; there are a multitude of not-so-intelligent people walking this earth and who use the Firefox browser that need to be protected by people who are smarter than them. That is how and why tyrannical governments in the United States don't form, and why we have the second amendment -- it isn't there for duck hunting. Mozilla would go to any extent to put as many ads and spy features in Firefox as people would put up with. When the people fight back, Mozilla's efforts to capitalize by means of corporate greed fail.

That's not going to happen. That's not who we are at Mozilla.

Mr. Nightingale, now you are flat out lying. First, let me reword that for you: "that's not going to happen now that we've come under scrutiny". And as far as saying "that's not who we are at Mozilla", this is really a laughable statement. It's just PR bullshit, and you have came up with a pile of lies in attempts to dissuade buffoons. Well let me tell you: you do not fool me, nor does your company.

But we will experiment. In the coming weeks, we'll be landing tests on our pre-release channels to see whether we can make things like the new tab page more useful, particularly for fresh installs of Firefox, where we don't yet have any recommendations to make from your history.

Translation: In the coming weeks, we're going to see whether or not we can mind fuck our users some more, to shove ads down their throat through other means since our last attempt failed. Even though "we" know that "we" don't need to make your tab page more useful, our executives want bigger houses and new BMW's and Mercedes-Benz vehicles, as the new models have features that we need to survive.

We'll test a mix of our own sites and other useful sites on the Web. We'll mess with the layout. These tests are purely to understand what our users find helpful and what our users ignore or disable - these tests are not about revenue and none will be collected. Sponsorship would be the next stage once we are confident that we can deliver user value.

Translation: The paragraph that I wrote here is intentionally convoluted and not to the point because I am a lying psychopath. We'll mess with your mind as we mess with the layout. These tests are purely a test to understand how we can mind fuck our users and be helpful to ourselves, and see what they will put up with. We know many people are really stupid and/or sometimes just too busy to discern their head from their ass, and we can surreptitiously do things to people because we want to keep our lavish lifestyle going.

In the sentence: "these tests are not about revenue and none will be collected", you have to keep in mind how psychopaths function. What we have here is a lie and the truth in the same sentence. The lie is that it's not about revenue, and the truth is that none will be collected. If we really further analyze it, he means that no revenue will be collected at this time, until we see what we can get away with.

We'll experiment on Firefox across platforms, and we'll talk about what we learn before anything ships to our release users. And we'll keep listening for feedback and suggestions to make this work better for you. Because that's who we are at Mozilla.

Johnathan Nightingale
VP Firefox

Here, Mr. Nightingale is just repeating himself because he really doesn't know how to communicate his lies efficiently to the public. That's the thing about lying psychopaths -- they're not that hard to detect, but many people don't detect them. What he's saying, again, is that they are testing the waters to see what they can get away with and what users will put up with. He's saying: "we're seeing how far was can mind fuck you using mind bending methods".

You know what, Mr. Nightingale, I have one thing to say to you: Go to hell.

hell_forever_and_ever.jpg
hell_forever_and_ever.jpg (118.33 KiB) Viewed 7097 times

!
30%

2014-05-22 15:10 »

Facebook launches NSA style auto eavesdropping feature.

Facebook's mobile app just grew a keen sense of hearing. Starting Wednesday, the app has the ability to recognize music and television shows playing in the vicinity of users.

The feature is designed to make it easier for users to share. When users begin to write a post, the Facebook app will offer to include information about music or shows playing in the background.

The audio-recognition feature works similar to the app Shazam, which also can identify music and television programming using the built-in microphones in mobile phones.

Facebook says the app can recognize a live show within 15 seconds.

If enough users opt in, the new Feature could give Facebook enough data to start compiling television ratings. Even if users decide not to share what they're hearing or watching, Facebook will hold onto the data in anonymous form, keeping tabs on how many users watched particular shows.

By tapping on the show or song, users can post it to their news feeds and let other users know what Facebook has already figured out - what they're seeing and hearing.

how-to-handle-a-stalker.jpg
how-to-handle-a-stalker.jpg (51.95 KiB) Viewed 7052 times

collegehumor_dbfea31f5104d54522b56fc16e931f87.jpg
collegehumor_dbfea31f5104d54522b56fc16e931f87.jpg (50.93 KiB) Viewed 7052 times

collegehumor_dbfea31f5104d54522b56fc16e931f87.jpg
collegehumor_dbfea31f5104d54522b56fc16e931f87.jpg (98.38 KiB) Viewed 7052 times

2014-05-22 15:16 »

Eavesdropping on background music and TV will soon evolve into eavesdropping on background conversations. It is inevitable. This is truely scary shit.

My understanding of this is that it is an open microphone. Recording All. :evil:

!
30%

2014-05-23 00:35 »

Mind blown!

nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg
nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg (34.89 KiB) Viewed 7047 times

I sometimes use the hosts file from http://someonewhocares.org/hosts. They block a lot of advertisement. Today, I wanted to test it again and also, I added some more lines to it myself to block Facebook spyware fuckers out of my browsing experience:

# Block Facebook
127.0.0.1 http://www.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 facebook.com
127.0.0.1 static.ak.fbcdn.net
127.0.0.1 http://www.static.ak.fbcdn.net
127.0.0.1 login.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 http://www.login.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 fbcdn.net
127.0.0.1 http://www.fbcdn.net
127.0.0.1 fbcdn.com
127.0.0.1 http://www.fbcdn.com
127.0.0.1 static.ak.connect.facebook.com
127.0.0.1 http://www.static.ak.connect.facebook.com

Guess what happened? I got virus and spyware warning from windows. Reason: "...unwanted behavior"! Hah! The question is, for whom? The motherfuckers like to keep us in tight little prisons it seems. Of course, if you try to block the fucking spyware from all of these big corporations, it's unwanted behavior.

I could check "Allow" but for how long? It is probably a matter of time before they won't allow you to alter your own hosts file. Hell, maybe they even outlaw it! :evil:

hosts file.png
hosts file.png (132.23 KiB) Viewed 7048 times

MasterOne

2014-05-23 19:15 »

More idiocy coming down the pike from your friends over at Shitzilla. We're already on round two of the ads-in-your-face-foisting-effort, and if that weren't enough, they are going to be adding DRM support to their browser; that is, if they don't have an about-face. DRM in HTML5 is a whole different topic for another thread, but you don't put DRM in an open web standard -- that is purely idiotic, not to mention that people are going to crack it in a matter of days. Shitzilla is caving to Hollyweb's efforts to prevent you from you using your device like you actually owned it, who wants full control over the content you view on your machine. I, for one, will be using a different version of FF compiled without the DRM crap, or Chromium, or whatever. As long as the fucking thing displays text, pictures, and works with YouTube, that's all I care about. The link to the article below contains a contact link to another PR cackler if you wish to send her a piece of your mind.

firepoo.jpg
firepoo.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 7039 times

"Only a week after the International Day Against DRM, Mozilla has announced that it will partner with proprietary software company Adobe to implement support for Web-based Digital Restrictions Management (DRM) in its Firefox browser, using Encrypted Media Extensions (EME).

The Free Software Foundation is deeply disappointed in Mozilla's announcement. The decision compromises important principles in order to alleviate misguided fears about loss of browser marketshare. It allies Mozilla with a company hostile to the free software movement and to Mozilla's own fundamental ideals.

Although Mozilla will not directly ship Adobe's proprietary DRM plugin, it will, as an official feature, encourage Firefox users to install the plugin from Adobe when presented with media that requests DRM. We agree with Cory Doctorow that there is no meaningful distinction between 'installing DRM' and 'installing code that installs DRM.'

We recognize that Mozilla is doing this reluctantly, and we trust these words coming from Mozilla much more than we do when they come from Microsoft or Amazon. At the same time, nearly everyone who implements DRM says they are forced to do it, and this lack of accountability is how the practice sustains itself. Mozilla's announcement today unfortunately puts it -- in this regard -- in the same category as its proprietary competitors.

Unlike those proprietary competitors, Mozilla is going to great lengths to reduce some of the specific harms of DRM by attempting to 'sandbox' the plugin. But this approach cannot solve the fundamental ethical problems with proprietary software, or the issues that inevitably arise when proprietary software is installed on a user's computer.

In the announcement, Mitchell Baker asserts that Mozilla's hands were tied. But she then goes on to actively praise Adobe's "value" and suggests that there is some kind of necessary balance between DRM and user freedom.

There is nothing necessary about DRM, and to hear Mozilla praising Adobe -- the company who has been and continues to be a vicious opponent of the free software movement and the free Web -- is shocking. With this partnership in place, we worry about Mozilla's ability and willingness to criticize Adobe's practices going forward.

We understand that Mozilla is afraid of losing users. Cory Doctorow points out that they have produced no evidence to substantiate this fear or made any effort to study the situation. More importantly, popularity is not an end in itself. This is especially true for the Mozilla Foundation, a nonprofit with an ethical mission. In the past, Mozilla has distinguished itself and achieved success by protecting the freedom of its users and explaining the importance of that freedom: including publishing Firefox's source code, allowing others to make modifications to it, and sticking to Web standards in the face of attempts to impose proprietary extensions.

Today's decision turns that calculus on its head, devoting Mozilla resources to delivering users to Adobe and hostile media distributors. In the process, Firefox is losing the identity which set it apart from its proprietary competitors -- Internet Explorer and Chrome -- both of which are implementing EME in an even worse fashion.

Undoubtedly, some number of users just want restricted media like Netflix to work in Firefox, and they will be upset if it doesn't. This is unsurprising, since the majority of the world is not yet familiar with the ethical issues surrounding proprietary software. This debate was, and is, a high-profile opportunity to introduce these concepts to users and ask them to stand together in some tough decisions.

To see Mozilla compromise without making any public effort to rally users against this supposed "forced choice" is doubly disappointing. They should reverse this decision. But whether they do or do not, we call on them to join us by devoting as many of their extensive resources to permanently eliminating DRM as they are now devoting to supporting it. The FSF will have more to say and do on this in the coming days. For now, users who are concerned about this issue should:

http://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-condemns-pa ... management

I, user.

2014-06-09 17:27 »

Just like prisoners! Maybe mark of the beast trial?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... h-arm.html

Wristbands developed by Barclays to allow users to purchase a coffee or train ticket with the swish of an arm.

Barclays has developed a wristband that will allow wearers to pay for a morning coffee as well as their daily commute.

Wearers swipe the bands, which can be worn 24 hours a day, over a terminal at a shop or pay point on the bus or station platform to make a purchase.

The bPay bands are part of a wider revolution in wearable technology, which will allow people to negotiate daily life without using cash.

article-2652169-1E95695F00000578-580_638x367.jpg
article-2652169-1E95695F00000578-580_638x367.jpg (30.67 KiB) Viewed 6989 times

!
30%

2014-06-25 16:34 »

Intel is working on RFID-based kill switch for laptops. ...oh look! It has a nice Orwellian name too! Dubbed the Wireless Credential Exchange. For your own security and protection, of course. Don't ya feel safe already, just hearing it? :cool:

The chip giant is working on something call the Wireless Credential Exchange (WCE) with a number of partners. Its chips would communicate with Impinj's Monza RFID chips to allow remote monitoring of devices via Burnside Digital's IPTrak software. The result would be that these devices could be controlled to activate only when they reach their approved destination or within a specified location. If they don't reach their destination or leave the approved area, they could be disabled.

ARENA 1.jpg
ARENA 1.jpg (55.8 KiB) Viewed 6911 times