Installation, updates, general problem solving and assistance.
!
30%

2013-08-17 23:54 »

22 years!? Is that due to illness or that you can't stand the "8 hour day routine"? I personally hate being slave but have no choice at the moment. :? I got a friend who hates working more than I do. He has managed to not do work for a few years now. Trying to live as close to nature as possible.

Drugwash

2013-08-18 00:21 »

It's a bit complicated. As a child, I've always been ill every few weeks or so, after a near-death experience at the age of three. Ever since, I've had problems breathing, couldn't keep up with others in terms of physical effort and so on. But my parents wouldn't accept I was "less than normal" and we also didn't have any real governmental support for such situations.

Then, growing up, I tried to fit in, to feel normal. I managed to get a job in another town, living in miserable conditions. It lasted less than a year, because at that time, the government started the massive firing plan. I got fired together with many others, on shallow basis like "I was from outta town" and other crap.

After that, I tried to find a job in my hometown, based on the new qualification (streetcar driver), but they wouldn't accept me for some reason. After a few years of rejections, I just gave up and promised myself I would never again become a slave. Better poor and honest.

So I've limited myself to fixing friends' and neighbors' electronic and electric appliances for whatever they would give me. Kept doing that until my eyesight got bad and the memory worse. Now I'm struggling to build a few software toys, freeware and to help whenever and whoever I can. Been trying to change the world for the better but won't happen, not in my lifetime. Now I'm just surviving. Whatever comes my way... Not whining, just telling the story, since you asked.

!
30%

2013-08-18 02:14 »

I see. Bad health is not fun at all. :e One of the worst things, actually, THE worst thing I know of is to be ill. I agree on the poor and honest part. I too, rather be poor and honest than rich and dishonest. Perhaps in next lifetime you will get a fiber optics line! :mrgreen:

Drugwash

2013-08-18 22:20 »

If mankind keeps going down this lane, next life I'd rather spend it on some other planet, in some other galaxy. Hopefully they have not invented money over there, or they already got rid of it.
Yeah, good health is the ultimate fortune one should treasure. "You only know what you had when you lost it". :(