Installation, updates, general problem solving and assistance.
Steven W
VIP

2020-06-25 03:22 »

FreeSCO wrote:
2020-06-25 00:49
And you know what is ironic? That while you posted this you also donated 0, nada, non also the last person who wrote he will donate he didn't. This guy does not even have 1 single bitcoin transaction on his account while trailer trashes like ivan on tech or richard heart who don't do any useful work just talk trash makes about 1k$ per hour.

Well thanks for all your hard work. I keep testing it and keep providing some feedback. I found out about this patch from a Philcomputerslab video. Some first observations:

-This ME theme pack good that it is optional because ain't no1 wants to make me (even for look) out of his computer, everyone hated ME
-Cab packer, windiff and bunch of tools are useless you can replaced them with the Swiss army knife of windows which is Total Commander
-WinTOP also garbage, the best existing task manager for Win98 is Sysinternals Process Explorer, sadly process hacker was never backported to work on 9x
-Registry cleaner: this tool does not say 1 god damn thing about what it found or what it is doing
-You could do that mod by default to add some fun pic to system properties
- Solves 512 MB of RAM problem? I used it with 512 even before

I will continue the review another time. Good night.
Well, I'll be the asshole who says it:

It's not as though this is your only option to update Windows 98 SE.

Steven W
VIP

2020-06-25 05:03 »

Also, that stuff is easily removed and replaced.

FreeSCO
0%

2020-06-25 07:42 »

! wrote:
2020-06-25 02:35
FreeSCO wrote:
! wrote:
2020-04-24 17:10
You fuckers, all of you who used PROBLEMCHYLD's service pack. Fuck all of you! You are all filth, every single one of you! If only you donated just $1 to him. It's people like you who killed the Internet! From its ashes, shall raise the Metanet. Then you will have to pay! Every single one of you fucks will pay to use and not free ride! Even poor people have $1 or ¢10. None of you even gave him ¢1! Shame on all of you. Fuck all of you! :sick:🖕

The above is my opinion and only mine. Does not reflect his or anyone else's opinion in here. ⚠️
And you know what is ironic? That while you posted this you also donated 0, nada, non...
Oh and you would know, wouldn't you? I made this website. I own it. You fucking moron. I have put hundreds of hours of my life into it and guess what... I am the one who pays for the server and the bandwidth even though I barely have enough to eat. So yeah, better check your facts before you puke garbage to me. I have done my part, FOR YEARS !!!, I have provided a clean, truly open and free of censor tech forum to everyone... but no one cares, not even you because you didn't even bothered to check who you are accusing of not donating. I have done my part. My conscience is clear. :sick:

Anyway, welcome to our website. Enjoy your stay. :relaxed:
I don't give a fuck that you made this website neither he does, you did not donate him shit. Why is that a cockbreath like you always have to mouth off somewhere when I write. You know what take your fucking site and stick it up your fucking ass. Die in COVID with your family you scum. I won't waste my motherfucking time trying to make this pack better or I just do it for myself.

!
30%

2020-06-25 12:17 »

FreeSCO wrote:
2020-06-25 07:42
! wrote:
2020-06-25 02:35
FreeSCO wrote:
! wrote:
2020-04-24 17:10
You fuckers, all of you who used PROBLEMCHYLD's service pack. Fuck all of you! You are all filth, every single one of you! If only you donated just $1 to him. It's people like you who killed the Internet! From its ashes, shall raise the Metanet. Then you will have to pay! Every single one of you fucks will pay to use and not free ride! Even poor people have $1 or ¢10. None of you even gave him ¢1! Shame on all of you. Fuck all of you! :sick:🖕

The above is my opinion and only mine. Does not reflect his or anyone else's opinion in here. ⚠️
And you know what is ironic? That while you posted this you also donated 0, nada, non...
Oh and you would know, wouldn't you? I made this website. I own it. You fucking moron. I have put hundreds of hours of my life into it and guess what... I am the one who pays for the server and the bandwidth even though I barely have enough to eat. So yeah, better check your facts before you puke garbage to me. I have done my part, FOR YEARS !!!, I have provided a clean, truly open and free of censor tech forum to everyone... but no one cares, not even you because you didn't even bothered to check who you are accusing of not donating. I have done my part. My conscience is clear. :sick:

Anyway, welcome to our website. Enjoy your stay. :relaxed:
I don't give a fuck that you made this website neither he does, you did not donate him shit. Why is that a cockbreath like you always have to mouth off somewhere when I write. You know what take your fucking site and stick it up your fucking ass. Die in COVID with your family you scum. I won't waste my motherfucking time trying to make this pack better or I just do it for myself.
He didn't have to pay $50 per month for years out of his own pocket and didn't have to put hundreds of hours keeping the forums running smooth. $50 * 12 * 7 = $4200 total, that I have personally paid so that he can have a forum where the owner doesn't try to fuck him in the ass like over there at MSFN forums for example. So yeah, I have donated at least ~$4000 and that doesn't include the time that I have put into this place. That's ~$4000 that was kept in his pocket and hundreds of hours saved that he can spend with his family instead of doing free work for creatures like yourself.

I'm not going to put you in place about the rest of your comments because there is no point in educating an animal and I don't like to be cruel to it. :relaxed:

⚠️ Also, I don't want to derail or disrespect his thread. If you wish to continue your rant, please do it in "The lounge", open up a new thread and rant away all you want. If you post rants in here, I will move (not delete) them over there. ⚠️

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2020-06-25 14:04 »

@ FreeSCO,

You must be bored from the covid19. ! has donated more ways than you can imagine. Right now I'm on my tablet, I'll be off this weekend if you want to spar.

!
30%

2020-06-26 19:05 »

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:
2020-06-25 14:04
@ FreeSCO,

You must be bored from the covid19. ! has donated more ways than you can imagine. Right now I'm on my tablet, I'll be off this weekend if you want to spar.
A heart for you, my friend. (In a non-homosexual way of course :mrgreen:)
my-friend.jpg
my-friend.jpg (36.98 KiB) Viewed 7820 times

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2020-06-27 05:29 »

! wrote:
2020-06-26 19:05
PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:
2020-06-25 14:04
@ FreeSCO,

A heart for you, my friend. (In a non-homosexual way of course :mrgreen:)

my-friend.jpg
You my big brother from another mother. Nobody gonna come in here and destroy our family tree. If FreeSCO want it, we got it!!

kibmcz
0%

2020-07-26 23:49 »

I've noticed a interesting qwerk when 3rd party theme managers such as Desktop Architect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_Architect). Icon indexes 2 (default document), 36 (control panel), and 38 (printers) are replaced with a black and white windows flag.

Upon observation i examined shell32 and found that the layout of the icons in shell32 with the service pack applied was different with those 3 icon indexes set to that black and white windows flag icon.

Is this a bug or a side effect (It don't happen on officially updated 98) of 3rd party theme management when used with the tweaked shell32 in the service pack?

Attached are comparisons of shell32 dll files and the issue happening.
The issue
The issue
vmware_2020-07-26_08-21-29.png (7.34 KiB) Viewed 7513 times
Shell32 comparison
Shell32 comparison
IconWorkshop_2020-07-26_08-13-42.png (104.38 KiB) Viewed 7513 times

infuscomus
0%

2020-09-26 04:49 »

I have a question,

why is the ntoskrnl and hal of XP included with this update pack? does this mean we can use drivers intended for XP on 98SE? or is there another reason?