Have you ever found something really badly designed? Something which obscurity of its functions makes it hard to understand its use? Something almost unusable to a point it would drive you mad using it too often? Perhaps, a fool's design? Then you have come to the right place. Post your findings here and help making the world a saner place.
!
30%

2014-03-15 15:12 »

No offence but man oldergeeks.com's forum is moronic! I hope they don't hate us now but this is just ridiculous! :thumbdown: I could barely take a screenshot from it because something like 60-70% of the "forum" page is um... advertisement! So much that I had to scroll and take 3 screenshots and put them together. When I first went to their "Forums", I even at first thought that they don't have any forums! *lol*

No wonder their forums are almost completely empty and a funny "Google Adsense [Bot]" is registered and online right now. :lol:

Nope, that Web site is not good at all! I wonder if they are truely "older geeks"? Because I doubt a true older geek would like to visit such a horrible looking piece of shit Web site full of advertisement. That's right, it's a piece of shit Web site in its current look in my humble opinion!
hXGtYfh.gif
hXGtYfh.gif (869.12 KiB) Viewed 17998 times
oldergeeks.com.png
oldergeeks.com.png (814.71 KiB) Viewed 17998 times

Scorpius

2014-03-15 15:18 »

"!" at his best. Making enemies left and right. :lol: Joke aside, I fully agree that oldergeeks.com Web site is horrific. It makes me look away and close the tab immediately.

Roksana-05-748523.jpg
Roksana-05-748523.jpg (69.38 KiB) Viewed 17995 times

OlderGeeks.com

2014-03-15 15:25 »

Humble opinion? More like a rude opinion. Your "constructive criticism" sounds like it came from the mouth of a punk-ass 15 year old. Am I close? I work 12 hours a day in my computer store and another 4-6 hours a day collecting clean files for this site. How dare you sling your immature shit my way? Someone give me some love? This suck-pea is getting under my skin.

OlderGeeks.com

2014-03-15 15:27 »

What my forum is lacking in design is made up by being rude, punk-ass free.

I, user.

2014-03-15 15:32 »

Haha, I do agree that it is probably not a humble opinion from his side! We all know that "!" can be rude! :lol:

But I have to admit, visiting oldergeeks.com makes me unhappy.

Are you looking for a quick buck? What are you thinking for creating such a site? Are you even thinking at all? You should have at least known that there would be a bad reaction in this place of all places for having such an idiotic site... er, I mean advertisement-something. Can it even be called a site? Jeez.

unhappy_starbucks_cake.jpg
unhappy_starbucks_cake.jpg (260.41 KiB) Viewed 17990 times

OlderGeeks.com

2014-03-15 15:41 »

Quick buck? After 6 years? No, we just have to pay for the monthly 10-15TB of downloads. Have never made a buck. $150 out of pocket every month for this kind of gratitude. Thanks.

PROBLEMCHYLD
VIP

2014-03-15 15:56 »

This is what a Saturday morning is all about, uh? ::crazy::
At oldergeek, why is my ip banned on your site. I have never been there? I don't spam etc....

!
30%

2014-03-15 15:59 »

Look, your Web site is really horrible! It almost looks like a fucking phishing site! Yes, I might be rude but my opinion stands! I have my screenshot to prove it! I personally wouldn't want to be attached in any way to such a Web site but if PROBLEMCHYLD wants to add you as a mirror, it's his right to do but it is also my right to speak my mind.

Just for your information, "Fool's design" is the official voice of this place, a collection of moderators using one and same account. Even if I'm the founder, I abide by the rules of this place and I broke no rule! You coming in here and demanding/suggesting that the moderators delete a user which did not break any rules and just because he voiced his opinion is really funny.

This entire place exists because in all other forums, as soon as someone voices an opinion which doesn't follow the political (or whatever) agenda a Web site has, they get banned and their posts get deleted. We don't delete users because they speak! That is what a forum is all about, SPEAKING!

A user in here can even offend a moderator and NOT be deleted! How about you suck on that candy for a while? This place is unique and anything unique has a value, hence, our high visitor count! That is probably why you wanted us to add you as a mirror! If we remove what makes this place valuable, like as you suggested starting to "clean" users which post unpopular opinions, then we might as well shut it all down.

Unless I break a rule, they can't touch me! :mrgreen:

1117.jpg
1117.jpg (74.09 KiB) Viewed 17978 times

Scorpius

2014-03-15 16:01 »

PROBLEMCHYLD wrote:...At oldergeek, why is my ip banned on your site. I have never been there? I don't spam etc....

Hahaha!

I, user.

2014-03-15 16:06 »

@OlderGeeks.com,

Any other forum and they would have banned you and deleted all of your posts just by using your own site as your nickname. If you look past the fine first impression which "!" tends to make ::yawn::, this place is a great place full of facts and wonderfully open minded people!

You should try to not get all defensive because frankly, "!" is correct about your site. Sure, he could have been more polite but it doesn't take away his facts. Your site is almost unusable beside for a "quick visit and download" kind of way.