Have you ever found something really badly designed? Something which obscurity of its functions makes it hard to understand its use? Something almost unusable to a point it would drive you mad using it too often? Perhaps, a fool's design? Then you have come to the right place. Post your findings here and help making the world a saner place.
MasterOne

2014-04-05 20:34 »

So, people are giving applause for the ability to run an application in a Window. ::clap:: Isn't that amazing? How did Microsoft ever come up with this ingenious idea, and how did they do it in such a short period of time? The Start menu with the 4-bit color tiles which are practically ads slapped onto the right side, just shows how stubborn MS is about not letting go of the ugly and useless tiles. I've never met anybody who thought the whole Modern idea was a good one, nor heard anyone claim how beautiful and functional tiles are. Have you?

!
30%

2014-04-05 22:20 »

Ah yeah, maybe in a few years, they will invent Aero Glass effect as well!

Look at the body language of that moron speaking and the rest of them fools clapping their hands like retarded children seeing a clown. Together, they are all marching toward the new dark age at hand.

darkages.jpg
darkages.jpg (28.71 KiB) Viewed 20104 times

!
30%

2014-04-05 22:36 »

Also, see how they changed the wording again, "Windows Universal Applications". No more "Metro apps". As I said it long ago, this whole Start menu was a decoy to get the Windows Store, locked walled prison inside Windows.

While the fools are busy discussing the user interface alterations, they slipped that Windows Store into the operating system without much fuzz. Of course, the mainstream media went on full force silence about it and helped to distract the sheeps and fools away from the issue.

But dear Microsoft, not all people are fools. Not all developers are fools. I and many others are no fools. I will not develop any application for your Orwellian walled prison called Windows Store. I will never do it. Never ever! Never ever will I develop an application in an environment where I have to ask for your permission to deploy my hard work!

I rather change profession to washing cars than be your slave, I will not be treated like a child in a kindergarten!

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT!

457.473.1176399477.jpg
457.473.1176399477.jpg (9.84 KiB) Viewed 20104 times

MasterOne

2014-04-06 15:44 »

I watched some of Build 2014 on YouTube, and the whole thing is heavily scripted and depressing. The speakers are reading teleprompters, and it may as well be Obama giving another speech. How many more years are people going to fall for this complete bullshit? They demoed Office 365's cloud integration with OneDrive and its "nifty" touch features. I don't want my personal files in the cloud, nor do I want the integration even there. The more bloat and integration, the more security risks which exist. I don't use Office 365, but if I did, the UI for touch users makes the idea of using it with a mouse and keyboard laughable. Watch the video to see what I mean. And subscription-based? No thanks, never on my machine.

What if a developer gets into a dispute with MS over a "Universal Windows App" and gets their app banned or removed from the totalitarian feudalistic app store? That right there should be a big enough concern for developers to completely avoid the Windows store, not to mention that the store isn't gaining much traction. Win32 applications work just fine and will continue to work just fine for the remainder of whatever life Windows has left. Plus, you don't have to give Microsoft a cut. Trying to convince developers to develop apps for the Windows store is redundant, considering that both Windows Phone and RT are duds, and those are the primary platforms that garner interest amongst some developers in terms of Windows store apps. Microsoft is using the insinuation of a promise that both Windows Phone and RT are going to be a big hit; therefore, it makes sense to code your app for the Windows store. Microsoft didn't talk about the paltry market share of Windows Phone or the Surface. Well, isn't that a fucking surprise. They are saying: "code your desktop app for the Windows store because it will run across all three platforms". Why in the fuck would I want to use the Epicurious app when there is this thing called a web browser? The whole "app phenomenon" just gets more and more ridiculous as time passes. I guess fluoridation really is dumbing down the population more and more. What's even more sad, is that many people can't think for themselves. They cannot form an opinion on what is bad or wrong, or see into the future as far as how a decision may affect something negatively. They just believe whatever they're spoon fed, and go along with the program. Whatever it said on the teleprompter that a speaker at Build read, someone out there is going to believe.

The speakers at Build 2014 were dull and lifeless. It's astonishing people actually paid over $2000 a ticket to attend this Herbalife brainwashing meeting. But hey, they all got a free Xbox One to spy on them. Now that's an investment!

!
30%

2014-04-06 15:56 »

A quote I read recently, he has some really good points too:

pelov lov  3 days ago - http://www.extremetech.com/computing/17 ... s-8-update wrote:This is silly. Microsoft adds a 'Start Menu' which still hides the control panel and plasters half of it with the Metro interface and they have the cahones to come out and say stuff like 'The desktop is not a second class citizen.'

I watched the entire BUILD key note yesterday, and at no point did I feel like MS have two shits about the desktop outside of placating angry and uninformed users and giving the press something to talk about (you've done your part). Of the 3 hours, nearly all of it was dedicated to WP8 and Metro and the internet of things. If you doubt what I'm saying, just watch it yourself and see. It's freely available on the web.

For those that did watch it, you'll have noticed a few things that made you go, 'Wait, what?'

- WP8 is still powered by Qualcomm, and now even more so with Qualcomm's reference designs. Yes, you'll have to wait even longer to use an SoC that isn't made by Qualcomm inside of a phone.

- Their 'Start menu is back' screenshot also features the Mail app from Metro, although windowed, still designed for touch screen. Note the massive buttons and lack of menu.

- To make matters worse, they outlined 3 different models for their universal apps in Win8, but the desktop was bundled with tablets. So, yes, future 'desktop' apps are built for touch interface and Microsoft intends it to stay that way for the long haul. They even showed how easy it was to turn a WinRT app from tablet to phone or desktop (and I use the term 'desktop' very loosely as MS's idea of a desktop is just a giant tablet)

- There's still nothing regarding OpenGL ES. All of the SoCs MS will use are OpenGL/ES compliant, but MS is still hammering at DirectX for mobile while talking up their 'cross-platform' software approach. Apparently, cross-platform means Windows Mobile, or as developers call it, 'Ignore Outright.'

MS is very quickly embracing Javascript, which is great, but still nothing regarding Java or Python. They still want developers to use .NET frameworks with C++, C#, or HTML5 ... and that's it, really.

So, Sebastian, while you're parroting about how there's a new Start Menu and the 'New Microsoft', actual hardcore users are asking questions like:

Where are the workspaces?
Has the thread scheduler improved further? Win8, although better than Win7, is still quite poor in this regard.
What about cost? Apple offers their OS upgrades for free. What will MS to do compete here?
Remote access? Cloud storage bundled perhaps?
Further idiotic RAM limitations?
Given MS is focusing so heavily on mobile and is encouraging developers to use a 'common core' for all apps, does this mean there will be an inevitable degradation in quality applications for M+KB users like we've already seen?
Are Metro apps still going to be the default applications despite their desktop brethren being more fully-featured? (Answer to this is yes, btw)
What about MS's backwards approach to PPI scaling? Are we going to see a standardization of resolutions or at least a significantly less lenient approach here towards apps addressing the issue?
What about legacy applications? Will MS work with software partners to ensure that their applications can scale well as resolutions climb higher?
And finally, what am I getting for the desktop/workstation that I don't already have with Win7?

The answer to the last one is actually very simple if you've read this article: A new start menu. Because downloading a shell to change the look of the default Win8 start menu was too difficult and/or complicated. Now with addition of mashed-up Metro+classic start menu fixes all of the above problems...

... provided you don't ask any further questions...

!
30%

2014-04-06 17:38 »

I fast forwarded and watched a few seconds of it here and there. Even the looks of the idiot puppets who read the teleprompter made me sick, just look at that fuck Elop. I almost threw up a little in my mouth seein all these puppets reading teleprompter "speaking". Fat cat corporate pigs! :| Really really really disgusting clown "show" they put on there.

The Internet brought almost all of the knowledge of the world in people's reach, yet, it seems that there truly is a new dark age at hand.

burn-in-hell-2-320x240.jpg
burn-in-hell-2-320x240.jpg (47.09 KiB) Viewed 20091 times