Installation, updates, general problem solving and assistance.
98 Guy

2014-05-01 00:59 »

There has been some interesting and, I hope useful material posted recently to microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion.

Steven W
VIP

2014-05-01 02:22 »

Hopefully this leads to a boon in software development for the older versions of Windows that we love! :D

!
30%

2014-05-01 08:56 »

@"98 Guy",

Maybe you can spread the word about this place, for example on https://groups.google.com/forum/?_escap ... discussion or any other similar place you know of?

Would be nice! ;)

98 Guy

2014-05-01 14:20 »

> Maybe you can spread the word about this place, for example on
> (m.p.w98.g-d) or any other similar place you know of?

I don't think I would know what to say, or how to describe fool's design.

In terms of usenet, and specifically the win-9x newsgroups, the few people there that have a need for answers, help or solutions are not technical enough to participate in the discussions that happen here.

There are most likely some win-2k or XP users in other newsgroups that might spend part of their time here if they knew about it, but I again I myself don't know how I would explain this site to them.

Then there is MSFN.org, and I know there are some people here (or at least one person, besides me) that is very familiar with that site. But the moderators there have thin skins and I don't know how risky it would be to talk about this site on MSFN. But in terms of where there are likely to be people that would have an interest here, it would be on msfn. Tomshardware would be another place (I never go there, except when a web-search for something takes me there), and then there are some forums on dslreports.com where there are other technical people.

But in terms of 2k and XP (and visa / 7 I suppose) usenet is more active than many people realize, but not as active as msfn. For win-9x/me, msnf is the most active place anywhere, followed by usenet, followed by here, and then nowhere else that I know of.

!
30%

2014-05-01 14:35 »

I understand. OK, thank you.

Regarding:
98 Guy wrote:...I don't think I would know what to say, or how to describe fool's design...

If foolsdesign.org seems confusing, try this one instead:

http://www.TechTalk.cc

We have splitted the tech sections to a separate domain so people can choose which domain to use. TechTalk.cc is specifically tech and much more "clearer" what it is all about. :mrgreen: Both domains share the same members and "The lounge" section.

98 Guy

2014-05-04 17:09 »

Getting back to the original topic of this thread, which is win-95/98 DDK, SDK, Tools, more, for which somebody posted what look like interesting links recently to the usenet group microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion -

I guess nobody here wants that stuff?

Steven W
VIP

2014-05-04 18:14 »

I can't speak for anyone else, but I already have all of it I want. Found it long before now.

TmEE
VIP

2014-05-22 22:41 »

DumbassFileSharingService.png
DumbassFileSharingService.png (73.99 KiB) Viewed 13026 times

Keep on deleting cookies, and you can have lot of stuff in parallel... but the download speed it gives is pathetic...
Reskit seems to have a missing piece, I could not extract it.

That stuff is safe on my server now haha.

98 Guy

2014-05-23 03:46 »

> DumbassFileSharingService.png

Well, here's the thing. I've tried other file storage sites but can't find one that works with my browsers (which all have to run under win-98). Must be all the flash and html-5 stuff. I'd rather not have to use filepost, and for the future I'm open to suggestions as to an alternative where I can post direct links and downloaders don't have to answer captcha.

> Keep on deleting cookies, and you can have lot of stuff in parallel.
> but the download speed it gives is pathetic...

Yes, I think it's 50 kbytes/sec.

> Reskit seems to have a missing piece, I could not extract it.

Sorry. Fixed it:

/1mm673e2/PLUS98_RESKIT98.part07.rar

RFMaster

2014-06-02 15:47 »

Does anyone know where VS2005 Express beta1 parts(C++& C#) can be downloaded :?:

I managed to find on Microsoft site only one part of it -> Visual basic 2005 Express Beta1

For C# & C++ i found just dead links.

Last year i've managed to install Visual basic 2005 Express Beta1 on Win98.

Now i want to try this with C# & C++ but i can't find them anywhere. :sad: